How’s the Fishing Chad??

• arklite881south

How’s the Fishing Chad!! Any Black Bear sightings?? Getting anxious!!

cgranrud
    SE Minnesota

Not that I have “HIGH” hopes or anything, but I did talk to my taxidermist about the type of mount that I want for my black bear this fall. I have also been reading a lot on how to judge the size of bears. I am so excited about coming up this fall for our bear hunt! Chad, do you have someone who could skin out my bear for me and also do you have freezer space for the hide?

Curt G. (Chris’ Dad)

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Hi Chris’s Dad –
    It is always fun to hear about the excitement before a bear trip. To this day, I still get like a little kid about a week for the season opens. Up until that time, I try not to think about it, just bait and bait heavy. It can get tough though, only because I get to see the destroyed baits almost daily.
    To answer your bear processing question, you have 3 options:
    1) Clyde Hursh from Hursh Meat (http://hurshmeat.com/) spends one week here every season and processes the bears for free. He is a professional butcher and has been in the wild game business for over 20 years. He cuts, wraps and freezes for the guests while they are out fishing.
    2) You can hire me to do the processing. I am not as good as Clyde, but I will make short work of your bear while you are out wetting a line.
    3) I can assist you in the processing of your bear. I will show you the cuts and help out when your stuck.
    Thanks

Chad

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Oh my gosh! We went up to Tonorto Lake yesterday and saw what looked lake a dang horse! It was by far the biggest bear we have seen in these parts! The bad news, it wasn’t in my bear management area, but with the legs on that thing, it could make it down to these parts in a couple of hours.

Also, we finally cracked the walleye code. It’s been bang on for eyes since the last time we talked. I just updated an entry in the other forum http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showflat.php/Number/778636/fpart/1/ontario-fishing-report

arklite881south

I am JACKED UP CHAD!! Hey Dad………..U PACKED YET!! LOL!!

cgranrud
    SE Minnesota

Hey Chad,

Thanks for the info Chad. Got a few other questions for you:

1. On you website, it says we need an old license. Will a current Minnesota fishing license be OK? Neither Chris or I have any old hunting licenses, as we usually throw them out after hunting season. I do have a old turkey license that I haven’t thrown out yet also.
    2. Do we need to take our own ladder or climbing stands along? Or do you have stands that we can use?
    3. How do we get out to the hunting area? Do you take us, or do we walk, or should we take our ATV along?
    4. When I talked to my taxidermist, he said that we should skin out the entire bear, then fold it in half and then put it into a freezer. Do you have a freezer large enough to do that?

Curt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.