First trip to Pasha Lake

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Just looking for a recomended time period,I had previously booked a weeks vacation on August 15-22 in MN, now I will need to switch reservations.Would that be a good week to go to Pashsa Lake.Mainly we will be looking for walleyes.
    My main Concern is the fihing,My wife and Daughter will also be with me and they would like to go during a warmer time period and just enjoy a relaxing vacation.

arklite881south

Het DTWH,

If fishing is your concern I’m sure you’ll be covered. Fishing with Chad on Pasha lake or the surrounding waters WOW!! Besides that the scenerey is incredible!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Just looking for a recomended time period,I had previously booked a weeks vacation on August 15-22 in MN, now I will need to switch reservations.Would that be a good week to go to Pashsa Lake.Mainly we will be looking for walleyes.
    My main Concern is the fihing,My wife and Daughter will also be with me and they would like to go during a warmer time period and just enjoy a relaxing vacation.

I was there last year late summer and the fishing was stupid good. There’s no need to bring a boat unless you want to hit Nipigon for lakers in my opinion. Chad has access to dozens upon dozens of lakes close to his resort that see little to no pressure and he provides the boats and motors for those lakes. You won’t have any issues catching all the fish you’ll ever want to catch out of those remote lakes.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I was up there last fall and caught a ton of fish. I would definitely leave the boat at home…your life will be much easier and the logging roads are all gravel(rough on a nice boat). Even with using their boats you will still have to work a bit to get to the lakes, but it’s worth it. Beautiful scenery and solitude. I averaged 24″ at Onaman Lake which is one of the options for you. PM me if you have nay questions

arklite881south

WOW!! Definately is on my list. Hoping to get up there on a bear hunt/Fishing Excursion with my dad this fall!! I might just utilize Chads rental boats!! ALTHOUGH……Lake Nipigon Monster Lakers have got me VERY VERY intrigued!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

How are the roads up ther for trailer a rig anyway?

The roads to Pasha are all paved and in decent shape except for the last mile or so into the resort itself which is maintained gravel. Trailing a boat to Pasha and then from Pasha to Nipigon is not an issue. Trying to get a big boat into some of the smaller lakes around the resort would definitely be an issue. So it really comes down to what you want to accomplish. If you don’t have your heart set on fishing Nipigon (the lake is massive beyond words… ) I wouldn’t waste my time trailing a boat along.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I’ve got my first time trip to Pasha in July. Sounds like my wife and I will have a ball. I’ll be posting my vacation results when I get back.

arklite881south

NICE!! My dad and I are planning a combination Bear Hunt/Fishing excursion in September!! I too will be posting pics!! Cannot wait to get into some of those smaller lakes, and get a crack at a MONSTER BLACK BEAR!! I’m hoping to hunt late afternoon, and fish our tails off during the day.

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Hey everyone –

Just wanted to let you know we have been run’in and gun’in to get the lodge open this year. Everything is early, so the phone has been ringing to get after some of those monster trophy spring pike.
    DTWH – I’ll keep things up to date on the IDO sight as the season starts to unfold. As of right now, we are hitting a hot laker bite right here on Pasha. I must say… I CANNOT WAIT to wet a line on Onaman this year.
    A local friend of mine said the winter fishing on Onaman this year was UNREAL! This guy is a speck guy through and through, so for him to get excited about walleyes tells me something special is going on.
    Walleye opens in another week and a half… should have results posted the evening of May 15th. Until then, it’s trophy pike and lake trout!

Thanks

Chad

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.