pasha in the fall

• trapsht
    Participant
    Rockford, Il

Anyone fish the pasha lake region in the fall?? I’m thinking about going up in September. It sounds like the fishing is great in the spring..should be good in the fall right??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Anyone fish the pasha lake region in the fall?? I’m thinking about going up in September. It sounds like the fishing is great in the spring..should be good in the fall right??

It sure was this past August. I was up there with Mark Johnson and we did a split walleye / pike trip. The walleye fishing was so good it really bordered on being too easy. If that’s possible.

Jigs and plastic was all we needed for the walleyes and light weight trolling spoons cast to the shallows put some huge pike in the boat too. We caught walleye on nearly every cast for hours when Chad took us to one of the rivers that flow into Nipigon. No pressure. Gorgeous scenery… and suicidal fish.

Guests staying at Pasha while we were there were going into some of the smaller lakes near the resort that we couldn’t access with my 1950 Skeeter and they reported excellent fishing as well. I would imagine September would be even better as the fish started to put the feedbag on in preparation for winter. Ask Chad about Turkey Lake in the fall. Some of the pics we saw and stories we heard about that lake made this walleye guy twitch.

Chad Thompson
    Participant
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Hello –

Fall fishing has got to be the best fishing of the season, for me anyway. Fishing in the mornings, hunt the afternoons and fish again in the evenings… or any mixture thereof.

Another somewhat unknown bonus to fall fishing is the fall migration. Fishing it is very active fishing. You can fish fast moving water in the rivers or as James made reference to, you can fish the river feeding lakes and get some monsters. The other fun option is filling the boat with white fish! It’s a blast.

Give me a shout on email or I can call you if you would like to talk particulars.

Thanks

Chad

[email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.