Backwaters Pool #4

• pgoetsch337
    Mazeppa, Minnesota

Hey Guys,
    How is the ice conditions on pool 4 backwaters. Are they free? Also any panfish bite yet. I hope to get down there this weekend if its open
    Later
    Hollywood

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

On the upper end hey’re ice-free…. can’t help you with the pannie bite though.

riverfan
    MN

Got a report that Pepin’s ice went out yesterday. That usually means everything is open. I have not talked to anyone about the panfish bite. The water is about a half a foot below flood stage in Wabasha. May be tough till the water comes down a little.

John

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

I fished the upper end of pepin on Sunday. Also tried to go to the south end but was stopped shrot of where I wanted to be by the last of the ice. So I headed back up the lake. Didn’t fish for pannies though, Got 1 17in male (walleye) For the fry pan Great to have some fresh fish . Good luck on the panfish Doug

kris_brantner
    My river

they should all be open. it was this same exact time last year that people were catching bluegills to beat the band. i know this because its a year on the 7th or somethen since ive signed up and bill wrasse( the game warden for pepin county and some of buffalo at the time ) checked me when i was bass fishing down there and i was watching people pull in the gills left and rite. ne ways we got to bsing and he told me bout these forums. but last year the water was alot lower. there is a lot of current rippen through the backwaters rite now. it looked as if it crested sometime yesterday because a few of the landings in the bottoms that were completely under are now above a little bit. ide wait a week or so for the water to go down for the pannies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.