Optimax fuel additives

• uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

To all Optimax owners, what type of fuel additive to you use and how often? have you seen any benefit?

Carl S

I use quickcare and quickleen every fill up. As far as benefits, it seems to keep the engine running strong and smooth.

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

I use quickcare and quickleen every fill up. As far as benefits, it seems to keep the engine running strong and smooth.

X2!

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

First, no corn gas.

Then I use a combination Quickleen & StarTron each fill up.

No issues since I had to replace my fuel pump due to some bad gas a number of years ago on my 2004 Optimax. Starts on the first turn, and runs strong all year long for me.

Paulski

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I use 91 premium gas with no ethanol and make sure to never let any fuel sit more than a week in the tank from April through October. I have never used any additives with my 2007 115hp Optimax and have had 0 issues.

What is the claimed benefit to some of these additives? The mechanics who go through my outboard each Fall have always said the worst thing to do for an outboard is to not run it. When I asked about additives through a local marine mechanic this Spring, he claimed there are too many variables to prove their worth (IF the outboard is used regularly) as each motor is run differently, has different hours, has had different maintenance, and may use different fuel. I’m assuming if you only use a boat once every few weeks and let fuel sit, there may be some additives that are a clear benefit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.