Opinions on this Warrior

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I stopped and looked at this boat… it looks like it would clean up pretty good… it has been sitting since Fall of 2017. I assume it would need new batteries and maybe some plugs and things of that nature… assuming it runs ok, what do you think it is worth ? Any opinions on the 1992 Merc 200 ? Or the 1992 Warrior ? Thanks in advance !

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2750.png

AnotherFisherman

Looks like a nice rig! I’ve fished out of a similar vintage Warrior and enjoyed the ride. Value? Shot in the dark, but maybe $8-10K if in great running condition? Offer around $6K?

dbright
    Cambridge

I would plan having to go thru the fuel system after sitting for 5+ years. If the carbs need to be rebuilt they can add up quick if you are not able to do it yourself. Steering cables like to seaze up from sitting too.

B-man

Check for transom flex and soft spots on the floor.

Turn each screw holding the seat bases down and see if they’re grabbing or if the floor is going bad. Try lifting the corners of the back deck to make sure it’s still solid.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Big G,
    If this is the same boat I saw recently online (don’t remember if it was on FB or where) and is on Mille Lacs, I think you posted the best pic of the boat that was posted. In the other pics, the carpet looked pretty sketchy and it looked like it was probably sitting outside uncovered for many years. But if everything is solid, it would be a great boat for Mille Lacs. I’ve never heard a guy with a Warrior complain about their boat.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It is on Mille and was covered. The floor seemed pretty good… the plastics of course were all gray faded and dried out, but as far as the hull and transom, seemed very good for a 92. My only concern really is the motor, that’s the unknown. I talked to a marine mechanic and he said the V6 is pretty good if maintained. My other issue is it’s HUGE… great for Mille but not very small lake friendly and so want to hop around the lakes area too. Thanks for all the input.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I’d be shocked if the floor isn’t bad.

The transom as stated above would be a big piece to look at. Trim the motor up and down a few times with a careful eye.

In addition to having carbs redone, likely the floor, plugs, new batteries…I’d plan on 4 new tires for the trailer as well and likely replacing seats. If that foam in them starts to go bad being exposed, they really don’t last with use.

If it will run, I’d say it’s worth $3k given the money you’d be sticking into it

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It is on Mille and was covered. The floor seemed pretty good… the plastics of course were all gray faded and dried out, but as far as the hull and transom, seemed very good for a 92. My only concern really is the motor, that’s the unknown. I talked to a marine mechanic and he said the V6 is pretty good if maintained. My other issue is it’s HUGE… great for Mille but not very small lake friendly and so want to hop around the lakes area too. Thanks for all the input.

That’s a sweet boat for the right price. Take it out on a test ride and really give that motor a solid look through and close listen. Bring a compression tester and check all the cylinders.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thanks for all the responses… I decided to pass, as I want something smaller, to take to other lakes too. Would have been a great Big water boat. Anyways, it sold yesterday so the dream is over. crazy

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks for all the responses… I decided to pass, as I want something smaller, to take to other lakes too. Would have been a great Big water boat. Anyways, it sold yesterday so the dream is over. crazy

What is the asking cost on that warrior

big_g
    Isle, MN

It was $5000… a steal if it runs and floats waytogo

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.