Opener

• orve4

Who is going to be fishing the week of the opener or the week after. Ill be up wetting a line. Good luck to all and stay safe.

matthewkolden

I will be, but not in Minnesota this year. Normally I’d pull away from the camper in Wisconsin for a couple days, but this year I think i’ll just stick with my lake over there.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

We are skipping Red opener this year due to the virus situation. We’ve been going since it opened for walleyes.

Nice Fella

Saw this today. Looks like he’s almost ready to head north.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4479.jpg

Deuces

Will have to see what the governor directives are in regards to travel. He wants us to stay local, I’ll stay local. This virus ain’t going anywhere, and our economy can’t handle going back into another lockdown if millions of fishermen go and spike our infection cases.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

We’re heading to Devils Lake for a long weekend. Ice finally went out so fishing should be pretty good!

orve4

Just got home from Red. Fished Friday And Saturday and some boats fished thursday. Had to work for our limits with a lot of fish being above that 17 inch mark. We got them on jig and minnow or plastic or trolling cranks. Heavy boat traffic Friday and Saturday seen about half he amount of boats.

orve4

Who is going to be fishing On red for the opener. Wondering if the drop in the limit will affect how many boats will be there. Will be up the following week.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just my opinion but it’s confusing to revive last years Opener thread for this year. A lot of people don’t look at the dates and information gets mixed up.

LabDaddy1

Hmm. I wasn’t aware they’d lowered the limit, but not surprised after this last crazy ice season….

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I doubt the lower limit will have a large impact on traffic. People like catching lots of walleyes there and obtaining a limit is satisfying and easier at 3 fish. I hope the traffic is down because it makes the ramps easier to maneuver. Here’s hoping the wind doesn’t get bad.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Busiest opener ever. Rogers launched 710 boats on Sat. Least amount of fish we have ever caught there on opening weekend. The traffic was waaaay down on Sun. I heard a lot of discouraged people. Limits were not easy like in the past. Even with the reduced bag. Sun was much worse than Sat. It took us a long time to get our limit and only one over 17. Sat we got all our over fish. Biggest fish was 24 which is the largest I have ever seen there. We released it. Quite a few fish in general on Sat but still not like the past. All presentations worked. The key was locating fish Instead of pursuing memories. Trolling cranks was our best method. Spot tail shiners were readily available but expensive.

billy03z71

710 boats!? And I thought early ice was busy up there Can’t imagine that.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

what was the water temp?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

what was the water temp?

55 deg. That’s 710 boats out of one tiny ramp. Not counting other launch sites. Parking was a looooong ways away on Sat.

LabDaddy1

How is the bite? Anybody been out since opener, and if so, has it improved at all? Still getting hit hard by fishermen?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.