Fishing reports

• fireline
    Rochester

Any fishing reports from Oahe or Sharpe ?

inge66

I would be interested in this as I am heading out there 6/26-6/30 for the South Dakota Highway Patrol Fishing Tourney. I heard they are really going up in the Cheynne.

boos1906

I don’t live in sd just read the reports on the net. There going good in the cheyenne. Check out dakotaangler.com

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yes, the Cheyenne is pumping out fish right now. Those fish should be migrating back into the lake now. I would look for mudlines and points. Pull over the points, if you mark fish, fish. If not, move to the next. Fish the wind blown points with mudlines for your highest chances of success.

inge66

Thanks Kooty. We gotta hook up since we live so close. We have been talking on this site for the past two winters but never seem to hook up. I gotta meet the famous KOOTY one of these days. Jason

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You’ll be disappointed like most of the girls I dated. I do have cold beer in the fridge though!! Good luck out there, Oahe is an amazing fishery for everything from eyes, to giant pike to channels that will fool you into thinkin you got a monster eye. Then through in a few 5lb smallies occasionally.

walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

You’ll have to take a number to get back in the Cheyenne. There are 500 to 800 boats working those points. That is where the numbers currently are, but the big girls have scattered throughout the lake. As Kooty said, FIND the mudlines.

iadoublej

We fished the Mobridge area last week.It was slow there but lots of fish in the Pollock area.Plenty of fish in the 18″ to 20″ range.Bottom bouncers with slow-death hooks in about 20′ worked well.They should be down to Mobridge by now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.