Help!!!!!

• sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Hey just looking for some help on this lake.I’ve never fished this far north and am taking a 4 day weekend there the last weekend of July.Staying in Mobridge with someone that knows there way around the lake but.Any help would be appreciated.I am used to fishing the reservoirs in Ks and Nebraska.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

I’m headed to Pierre this week and will post a little information when I return. It’s a couple hours south of Mobridge but there should be some similarities in the bite. There’s a lot of fish around!

Curt

Todd_NE

Look up some of the PWT info for when they’ve fished out of Mobridge.

I’d think 3 things

Bottom Bouncer and 1/2 Crawler – “Slow Death Rig”

Pull Spinners

Pull Deep Little Rippers, Bomber 24’s, Ripshads, Bomber 8A’s, etc.

Depths are going to be 25-40′ give or take I’m guessing. Could also be 30′ down over 55′, hard to predict. I’d be thinking livebait for unders and trolling for overs though you just never know.

I like to fish long points and flat edges way out in the lake, mudlines, and troll over/through timber (can get expensive though).

As Bob Probpst says, “Fish fish you see on your depthfinder”.

Good Luck

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Just got back from SD today and wanted to share a little about what is happening on Oahe from my experience.

My dad’s 62nd birthday was this past Thursday and we celebrated by going out fishing with a friend, Scott Berry. We put in at Little Bend and then made a short run to look for some walleyes in preparation for the weekend’s SD Governor’s Cup. We found fish right away and put an under in the boat within 5 minutes. We graphed all sorts of fish (bait and predators) from 50′ down to about 25′. I wish I would have taken a picture of the Lowrance as it was packed with marks. Our best pattern was 30′ of water and then up and over long points. There were a lot of little fish being caught on bait in about 20′, but we found good fish that were suspended in 40 fow.

The best bite was from 9-11:30 a.m. As the day grew warmer, we didn’t find as many suspended fish, but marked a ton in 40-50′ but we couldn’t get those boys to go.

A few pictures to follow.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

I thought this 20 incher was going to be my personal best when it hit and as I was cranking it in. It smoked one of our lines and really gave the planer board a beating. We got the board off and it gave a few good shakes and then was a beast to reel in. I thought for sure it was going to be at least an 8 pounder. As it came to the surface I was surprised to see the small size of it. Turns out that it got tangled into one of our leadcore rigs so the extra weight was this fish and four colors of leadcore from another rod.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Here is the birthday boy captaining his new boat. His Lund 2025 is a very nice rig. The 225 Merc XS really moves the boat well.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

Here is Scott running the rods from his side of the boat. It was a gorgeous day out with a good breeze to make a nice walleye chop.

It was fun to fish in such clear water after spending my whole summer on the Mighty Mississippi.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.