OAHE Walleyes

• jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I heard some talking about the lake Oahe walleyes,is the lake under special fishng regs again due to the amount of lost bait fish from the 2011 floods.

huskerdu
    Participant

I believe the new limit is 8-

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

That is definitely true, it will be 8 fish a day. I have not looked into what the specific size restrictions will be or when you can officially start keeping 8 fish either. I do know that this season will be a reality however. Something a guy has to look a bit more into – Q

jerry b
    Participant
    western WI

The scuttlebutt I heard was that you could take 8 a day, 4 had to be under 15, but the other 4 COULD be over 15. The talk was also about doing away with the 20″ slot so your 4 big fish could be over 20″ if you wish. Posession limit of 24 fish was also being discussed. jerr

Added: reason being the recent high water discharges have decimated the baitfish populations and the fish are very underweight again.

Beaver E
    Participant

Quote:

The scuttlebutt I heard was that you could take 8 a day, 4 had to be under 15, but the other 4 COULD be over 15. The talk was also about doing away with the 20″ slot so your 4 big fish could be over 20″ if you wish. Posession limit of 24 fish was also being discussed. jerr
    Added: reason being the recent high water discharges have decimated the baitfish populations and the fish are very underweight again.

I have heard the samething.

salmo_trutta
    Participant
    River Falls,WI

wheres oahe located?

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Ahem It’s in the South Dakota Forum

Indytransplant
    Participant
    Pierre, S.D.

The limit for Oahe will be 8 fish per day with 4 being under 15″ and 1 over 20″ for the other 4. posesion limit will be 24 fish. Lake Oahe goes from central South Dakota (Pierre) to the North Dakota border. GFP survey said 4 mil
    caught from may to sept. with 1.8 or 1.9 mil kept. just too many fish in system for the forage.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.