Oahe at Mobridge

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

Just got back from our annual trek to the Mobridge SD Chamber Ice Tournament. We didn’t do as well as far as numbers go, enough for a couple of meals and we got a couple nice fish topside. Hit whiteout conditions on our way out on Thursday so we lost a 1/2 day of scouting. Friday was cold and windy and not an easy day to move around. We had our wheeler blow something in the fuse box from all the snow blown in and we couldn’t find the problem so we were limited to where we could go by running trucks onto the ice. We were marking enough fish and one of our crew mates picked up a hefty 26, so we knew we had a decent spot. Saturday was tournament day and the wind laid down enough to punch some more holes. I landed a 23 1/2 chunky walleye and a 16 1/2 and that’s what my partner and I went to the scale with. We ended up with 7.75 lbs and landed at #106th out of 525 teams. Our other team we were with ended up with their 6 fish with over 10#’s and ended up 49th. Big fish for the tournament was a 32 inches and over 12 pounds! Nice looking fish! Here’s a couple of phone pictures

Attachments:
    1. image50.jpg

2. image49.jpg

3. image48.jpg

chomps
    Sioux City IA

They turn a stall at the car wash into a cleaning house and here’s the 23 1/2 I had to turn in at the scales

Attachments:
    1. image51.jpg

jerry b
    western WI

Typical So Dak, If you don’t like the weather, wait ten minutes. . .I envy your fortitude. Reminds me of the “good ol’ days”- – -jerr

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I saw some photos on Faceplant this weekend and I wondered if you were out there. That tourney sure seems to draw some challenging weather.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Some of the most brutal conditions have been at this tournament the toughest thing to do is to find access to some of the areas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.