Norsk Battery Question

• Justin Paulsen

I picked up a Norsk 15ah battery at Reeds yesterday. They didn’t have Norsk chargers and I was told to grab the Dakota Lithium charger, and I am making sure this is going to work. When I have the charger attached the display on the battery reads 100% but when I unhook it,it drops to 83-85% and stays there. This doesn’t seem normal to me.

Gilgetter

I think I recall others saying the batteries have some type of break in period. Once you discharge and recharge it a few times I’m guessing you will see different results.

Ben P
    Bemidji

The charger should work just fine.

Fully charged my neighbors old style 15ah Norsk reads 14.4-14.5v.

Same for my Amped’s.

So I would put a voltmeter on it and see where you are at.

I don’t know anything about a battery needing to go through a couple deplete/charge cycles before 100% capacity. I’ve never experienced that.

Maybe give Norsk a call and ask.

Justin Paulsen

Thanks for the replies so far, I did send an email to norsk asking the same so we’ll see what they say.

Justin Paulsen

Well, the response from Norsk said to run it down and recharge to reset the meter on top of the battery so we’ll see if that works.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Well, the response from Norsk said to run it down and recharge to reset the meter on top of the battery so we’ll see if that works.

I just bought the same one and charged it , read 12.6 let it set over night now reads12.1 ? Contacted Norsk and they said use it a few times ? Same thing they told you , guess we will see LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.