New Trailer and E-Tracks

• tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Permission has been given…FW said I could get a new enclosed trailer for ice fishing and toy hauling. I need to fit two ATV’s and a Otter Lodge in there. I’m looking at a 7×16 Aluminum. Installing many in-floor D-Rings and plan on putting up E-Tracks throughout. I scoured previous threads and it sounds like people are also using E-Tracks on the floor to secure their machines. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I assume you space them the width of your tires and strap the tires down? Any other must haves that you can think of?

MX1825

Are you planning the ATV’s inline or SxS when transporting? If inline will the Otter be behind or beside the ATV’s?

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Are you planning the ATV’s inline or SxS when transporting? If inline will the Otter be behind or beside the ATV’s?

Planning inline. Hoping the Otter will go behind the last ATV across the trailer. If not, I’ll have to try something else because 16′ in length is my max.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Harbor Freight has the e-track at a good price. I have yet to put them on the floor. I do see many pictures of people doing that.

I would add some interior lights if you don’t have them and a shelf in the front that the wheelers can fit under.

Angler II

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MX1825 wrote:</div>

Planning inline. Hoping the Otter will go behind the last ATV across the trailer. If not, I’ll have to try something else because 16′ in length is my max.

That’ll be tight if not impossible.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

That’ll be tight if not impossible.
    [/quote]

This is what I’m worried about.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

Tmyboy I have some E tracks I think 4 2 footers brand new I ‘ll let them go cheap if you want them
    Don

Tlazer

I would stay with a 16’ trailer for sure, since others mentioned you will need it for the ATV’s, but if you ever trade in the ATV’s for a SXS you may want the extra length. I bought a 14.5’ trailer which is long enough for a 2 seat SXS with tracks, but if I ever upgrade to a 4 seat SXS and wanted tracks on it don’t think the 14.5’ trailer would be long enough. I would also think about a taller trailer that would handle a SXS. Might be a little more money now, but if you ever changed your mind and wanted to get SXS would be nice not having to upgrade the trailer.

Coletrain27

2 wheelers inline in a 16′ trailer and your not gonna have any spare room for a flip over shack to sit on the floor. you could maybe build a shelf tall enough for the wheelers to go under and put the shack on top.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

What CT27 said. 7×16 will not hold 2 wheelers and sled unless you get creative.

Id see what the trailer comes with for floor ties b4 I made any plans.

What height are you considering? A sxs will not fit in a 6′ tall trailer, if you ever wanted to do that… just thought id mention it.

most trailers come with corner floor ties, I just installed a single + style track mid trailer floor to hook stuff too.

make sure to use backer plate and bolts or bolt to frame when adding track to floor.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

9-10 years ago we had a 6×14 foot trailer and had two ATVs and shacks in it. The ATV’s were a Rancher 350 and a Polaris Sportsman 500. The Rancher went in first and pulled into the “V” portion and then followed up with the Polaris almost touching the rear of the Rancher. This allowed for two (2) Jason Mitchell Yukon’s to stack on top of each other at the rear. It BARELY fit, but was doable.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks everyone. It’s 7.5′ in height, so I’m planning ahead for a SxS in the future. I’d love to go bigger, but the storage limitations are what’s keeping me at 16 ft in length. I’ll get creative somehow, maybe just have to heave the Otter into the bed of the truck. I know it fits there with some effort. It’s got D-rings in the each of the four corners, but I’ll need a few more in the middle. Just wondering if people have had success with the d-ring attachment that goes along with the e-track and if they’re strong enough.

Jason

I just purchased 90′ of ETrak off from Amazon which I found to be the cheapest anywhere. I run them on both walls and approx 16′ of floor for the sxs and use wheel straps. If you looking at only a 7′ wide trailer your going to have a terrible time if you ever get a cab sxs with doors since you won’t be able to get out of the machine. I had a Legend FTV 7×14 and the rear door cables were only around 69″ ID which makes it too narrow. Some newer trailers now offer springed rear door hinges to eliminate the cables which helps. My 65″ wide Can Am sxs turned into a 70″ wide machine once I added fender flares to it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.