New to Livescope – seeking recommendations

• vinella

I recently joined the Livescope crowd (9″ Livescope Plus – LVS34 ice bundle). Will be using it only for ice fishing. I plan to stick with the Garmin bag/shuttle. Looking for recommendations on transducer poles. Seems like most people aren’t huge fans of the Garmin pole.

Several options out there…Summit, Tacti-Grip, Basskhang, Fin Gear etc. Who has the best ice fishing ducer pole? Any other ice fishing specific mounts needed?

If this belongs elsewhere please let me know. I didn’t find much for recent posts on ice fishing related transducer pole mounts etc.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

This will be my third winter with a LiveScope ice bundle with the LVS 32 ducer and the Garmin pole. It works OK for me. It depends on how you’re going to use it, hole-hopping or setting up in a spot for awhile. If hole-hopping then I think there are better poles. I’ll be watching this thread also.
    I also use this in open water with a different pole that mounts to the sport track. Depending on if you fish open water and what you fish for the LiveScope could be beneficial.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

In the Garmin section there is a fairly extensive post about the subject.

Matt kilian

Summit pole is what I am using. I love it. The Garmin pole is a pain in the rear.

vinella

In the Garmin section there is a fairly extensive post about the subject.

I’ve checked twice now and I’m not seeing anything that’s real specific to ice fishing, especially since the new LS transducer came out. Maybe I’m missing it?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Maybe not just for ice, but a couple threads about livescope build and a couple others that had a lot of content. JoeMX has done a lot of stuff with his and shared his favorites

ekruger01

I recently joined the Livescope crowd (9″ Livescope Plus – LVS34 ice bundle). Will be using it only for ice fishing. I plan to stick with the Garmin bag/shuttle. Looking for recommendations on transducer poles. Seems like most people aren’t huge fans of the Garmin pole.

Several options out there…Summit, Tacti-Grip, Basskhang, Fin Gear etc. Who has the best ice fishing ducer pole? Any other <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>ice fishing specific mounts needed?

If this belongs elsewhere please let me know. I didn’t find much for recent posts on <em class=”ido-tag-em”>ice fishing related transducer pole mounts etc.

I currently run a summit shuttle and pole. If I had to do it all over again, I would go with the new Basskhang shuttle, and pole. Or the BK shuttle and keep the summit pole. I like the summit shuttle, however being that I prefer not to use a bag, I am always afraid I am going to have something happen. The bags are bulky.

JoeMX1825
    MN

The Summit pole is the best bang for the buck, the ArcLab pole is sweet, but it’s 4x the price of the Summit and I don’t like that there’s no tension screw/bolt to tighten the twisting motion…

Randall Schultz

I like the Summit pole…….. as I use a Summit Ram attachment for summertime, and my whole ice rig does some boat time!

Cam White

Arclab. Hands down. All aluminum shuttle, for you guys in the states it comes from canada so it’s 35 cents on the dollar to your benefit. Also the best pole system.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Arclab. Hands down. All aluminum shuttle, for you guys in the states it comes from canada so it’s 35 cents on the dollar to your benefit. Also the best pole system.

how do you get it to not spin freely? if the transducer cable is cold how do you keep it pointed in the same direction vs having it twist on its own?

vinella

I looked these up. They look really nice, but after adding the pro series ice pole bundle and a 5200 shuttle to my cart the total was $565 American (and that’s with free shipping). For just the ice pole bundle it’s $363. That’s more than I’d want to spend on a transducer pole.

Cam White

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cam White wrote:</div>

how do you get it to not spin freely? if the transducer cable is cold how do you keep it pointed in the same direction vs having it twist on its own?

Comes with cable clips for the shaft.

Cam White

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Cam White wrote:</div>

I looked these up. They look really nice, but after adding the pro series ice pole bundle and a 5200 shuttle to my cart the total was $565 American (and that’s with free shipping). For just the ice pole bundle it’s $363. That’s more than I’d want to spend on a transducer pole.

Yeah not cheap, but great quality. I’d hold out for the new summit shuttle that’s coming out then.

Ty Kennedy

The Summit Pole has met all of my needs over the last season and a half

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.