new to bowfishing (lakeville,MN area)

looking for a good lake or river near lakeville, MN to start bowfishing on. Any tips would also be appreciated!

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

Spring Lake off old 42 and Hilliary path on Rosemount Hastings border gives you access to Mississippi above hasting dam. I always see bow rigs going out of there. I have not bowfished for 30+ years. I have no idea how you legally get rid of the carp now a days. Back then was a different time and lots of pig farms to visit

Mwal

thank you for the tip! I was reading that one of the ways to dispose of carp is to call the local zoo!

404 ERROR
    MN

Spring lake can be good, but it can be a real challenge locating fish as it is so shallow and un-mapped. If you get lucky, you can find a mess of them on the far side of the lake in the sunken timber. It is VERY shallow over there most of the time. I have had days out there where my boat was so full of carp I couldn’t get my boat on plane to get back to the landing. You also need to be careful on the landing as it is incredibly shallow. If it’s cold, bring your waders to get the boat launched. I bow fish quite a bit in the south metro area. Be mindful of city ordinances of discharging bows in city limits, it can be a gray area and up to an officers discretion to enforce…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

No shortage of them in Prior lake. Watched a few guys harpoon a mess of them in Mud bay last spring. May be a bit early but it will pick up fast once we start getting some warmer Temps.

Do you recommend any other lakes around the south east area? I saw a post about lake Marion? What is your opinion on that lake?

404 ERROR
    MN

I have bow fished the west side of Marion, it can be very good on both sides of 35. Check out north lake near Treasure Island lake Byllesby in Cannon Falls. There sure is no shortage of carp in any of those lakes! Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.