Never Ending in MN – State Trooper Charged

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    Personally I think/hope the officers attorneys will get this case thrown out before it reaches a court date.

I think so too. I’d be fairly surprised if it wasn’t. And even if it does make it a court, I’d be shocked if it was guilty. Just from watching the video its obviously not like the previous recent cases. One of the troopers almost got run over for cryin’ out loud.

I’d like to think you are correct. But with all the craziness these days I would not like to be them. Sad world we live in these days.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Oh come on now. They don’t need to listen to Law enforcement. They have not had to listen to anyone else in their life – Why the police officers !!!! Once again, Its becoming a sad world we live in these days !

ThunderLund78

Thanks for the Barreiro call out. I missed his show yesterday. Went back and listened to that hour. I enjoy his talks with Frieberg and this was no different. Very good inside perspective. WAY off topic but, but Rocco Baldeli also accidentally drops an F-bomb on air at the beginning of that hour which was hilarious.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Joe Friedberg is on With Chad Hartman on WCCO in a few minutes.

Umy
    South Metro

Might be an unpopular opinion for some but a cleansing of the gene poll is not always a bad thing…….

Umy
    South Metro

How about this for our new state flag…… or the next Governors campaign slogan or the new education secretary or the new child ward in every hospital….

Attachments:
    1. image000000-2.jpg

Riverrat

There’s way too much overlap between “Do what the police say and you wont get shot” and “Why do they keep making all these stupid laws I ain’t following them” for there not to be several hypocrites on this site.

stout93
    Becker MN

If you really want to see bad cops/FBI watch American Nightmare on Netflix….it will/should infuriate you.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There’s way too much overlap between “Do what the police say and you wont get shot” and “Why do they keep making all these stupid laws I ain’t following them” for there not to be several hypocrites on this site.

RR you need a jump to conclusions mat, because that is a heckuva leap! You can think there is far too many, too silly, or just plain immoral laws, while still respecting the people whose job it is to enforce them. It’s pretty simple and not hypocritical at all imo. Unless you think an appropriate response to laws you disagree with is to drag police officers down the freeway for trying to enforce them. And I don’t think anyone here thinks felony violating a no-contact order or no rear taillights at night are stupid laws, do you?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve dealt with and seen personally some real scum bag cops. I am not all aboard the follow the coos orders when half the order is bull in the first place. But a few bad apples don’t mean they are all bad. I’m pro cop, but they are not all good. As for this video, I watched it and it sure looks justified

Riverrat

If you really want to see bad cops/FBI watch American Nightmare on Netflix….it will/should infuriate you.

My favorite was Canadian Cops. They would curb stomp a dude for driving a remote control car in the snow in a parking lot, and then offer mental health services and take them to the hospital because they had a cough. Great show.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve dealt with and seen personally some real scum bag cops. I am not all aboard the follow the coos orders when half the order is bull in the first place. But a few bad apples don’t mean they are all bad. I’m pro cop, but they are not all good. As for this video, I watched it and it sure looks justified

You are correct, Just like all professions in life there are some real Scum bags in law enforcement. Rather you agree with them or the laws they are there to enforce or not, Follow their orders and you most likely will not be shot. Then have you day in court to give your opinion on the Officers conduct and what you think of a law. To me there are 2 choices:
    Follow the Laws that are in place and the orders of those put in place to enforce them.
    Or return to the days of the wild wild west where everyone makes and enforces their own laws.
    I guess there is a 3rd choice – Don’t follow the orders of those put in place to enforce the law and run the Risk of being shot.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

You are correct, Just like all professions in life there are some real Scum bags in law enforcement. Rather you agree with them or the laws they are there to enforce or not, Follow their orders and you most likely will not be shot. Then have you day in court to give your opinion on the Officers conduct and what you think of a law. To me there are 2 choices:
    Follow the Laws that are in place and the orders of those put in place to enforce them.
    Or return to the days of the wild wild west where everyone makes and enforces their own laws.
    I guess there is a 3rd choice – Don’t follow the orders of those put in place to enforce the law and run the Risk of being shot.

I see lots of videos of cops making up there own laws and trying to force them and act like they are lawful when it is completely not. That’s where more training comes in to play. But that’s another topic of its own and has nothing to do with this case

Umy
    South Metro

I have no problem defending my views on things like this.
    Laws exist. Follow them and go home safely. This idiot was looking for a fight. Regardless of prior run ins and whether those were on his bad or the cop’s bad.
    Cops see this BS all the time. Just like the rest of us they get sick of it but have an obligation to follow the rules. Are there bad cops? Sure. And now that fewer people want to be one the hiring pool gets shallower and shallower and will feed more and more of these types of altercations.
    We will start looking like those videos you see on FOX ( yes, the only outlet that shows them) from California, Chicago, Portland, New York.
    Self fulling prophecy based on stupid decisions by leaders and commoners alike.
    Our liberal court system keeps putting people back on the street and that plays a significant part in why this keeps getting more and more commonplace. NO consequences is breeding this behavior.

wkw

Was just watching WCCO at 5. They only showed Cobb’s family demanding justice. Not one word or vid of what actually happened. The media needs to be un-biased like when Walter Cronkite was. The media had Derek Chauvin hung before the fires went out. Same will happen here.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Typically when an officer is stuck in or getting dragged by a car trying to escape deadly force is found to be justified. I’m hoping it stays that way here.

But who knows with this state.

Jimmy Jones

The media…. I’ve said it before: they should not be able to say, print or suggest anything that is not a provable fact. And I think that that is the gist of the 1st amendment: say anything you want as long as its the truth.

This bullsnchit of cooking up stories to sell advertising has gotten out of hand.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

The media…. I’ve said it before: they should not be able to say, print or suggest anything that is not a provable fact. And I think that that is the gist of the 1st amendment: say anything you want as long as its the truth.

This bullsnchit of cooking up stories to sell advertising has gotten out of hand.

No, not at all.

Michael Best

From my experience, having served on a grand jury in another state, I think a grand jury is a farce. You only hear from the prosecuting attorney/DA, and of course they always make it look like you have a case, and probably like 95% or better of the cases are recommended to go to trial. Maybe the grand jury is different in Minn or in this case, but IMO a grand jury almost always agrees with the prosecuting attorney.

There is a saying “a grand jury will indict a ham sandwich”.
    If I am not mistaken a prosecutor only needs 51% of the vote to get a grand jury indictment.

FinnyDinDin

The media is enemy number one in this country as far as I am concerned. They seek to drive division in this country. They are all controlled by political parties (most of them by the liberals) and it has got to the point that the ‘news’ is nothing more than political propaganda. And I’m not talking just cnn, msnbc, fox etc. it’s all of them including the major networks that actually used to bring us real news. It is blatantly obvious if you stop listening, gather your own facts and think for yourself. Problem is most people don’t and/or can’t think for themselves anymore. The sooner everyone realizes the media lies to them non-stop the better off we all are no matter what your political affiliation is. They are getting almost as bad as the Russian controlled media. It ramped up ten fold when orange man bad came on the scene and again when Covid hit. That’s when they didn’t even try to hide it anymore.

Wake up people. Stop letting your television tell you what to think.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

The media is enemy number one in this country as far as I am concerned. They seek to drive division in this country.

X2

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>FinnyDinDin wrote:</div>
    The media is enemy number one in this country as far as I am concerned. They seek to drive division in this country.

X2

X3 and we know who they belong to.

Umy
    South Metro

x5

CaptainMusky

fyp

Im not hip with the shorthand, but what does that stand for? Im certainly hoping it was either a typo or not what I the first thing that came to mind.

Justin riegel

from context i would guess “Fixed Your Post”

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Been saying that for years.
    I’ve also stated that if you cannot see there are horrific, stupid, narcissistic etc. people on BOTH sides well then you are the problem.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.