Southwest NE Report

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

We decided to go to Red Willow on Saturday and the weather was amazing, the fishing wasn’t. We caught 1 white bass. The good news is I have some good reports. They are catching whites and cats on the west end of Enders and they are catching ‘eyes’ on the main lake at Sutherland. I stoped at the inlet at Sutherland on my way back yesterday and picked up a few whites but nothing hot and heavy yet. The lake is as full as any time last year right now and if the weather stays as it is I am going to guess that the inlet at Sutherland will really go in about 2 weeks.

seibert
    Kearney, Nebraska

My tourney partner, Leland, and a couple other buddies went to Sutherland on Sunday. They got on the water at 10:30a.m.(had boat problems), and had a 8 keepers(‘eyes) by 1:00p.m.. The wind died down at about that time and the bite disapeared. Leland visited with some other boats on the main lake, and they had been catching limits of ‘eyes since thursday. Sure is nice to have some of this soft water to play on.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Did Beetle say what the water temp was? The closer we got to the river at Willow the warmer the water got. 47 degrees was the warmest that we ran across.

seibert
    Kearney, Nebraska

Zach,
    Beetle said the water temperature was 50 degrees. They were fishing near the damn. I’m still jealous!! I spent the weekend doing honey-do’s.

pete meister
    Nebraska

Nice report zach but I dont think that you tried hard enuf. Next time could you put your heart into it?

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Thanks for putting me back on track Pete

pete meister
    Nebraska

Not a problem,any time,whatever I can do to help you just let me know.

trevor nation
    Elwood/Johnson Lake, NE

The damn what?? I still wanna know where the water was 50 degrees

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.