new to the forum

• bigbass3638

how do you become a field staff member? when was this forum started?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

bigbass3638,

This Nebraks forum is fairly new. There is a long history of In-Depthangling.com and I’ll spare you the lengthy details but I’ll tell you that it had been focussed on the Minnesota and Wisconsin waters in it’s early days. But, over the past several years we have been expanding into other states and only recently added Nebraska. We now have a few Nebraska staff members: Ben Garver, Todd Consbruck, and Zach Fries. I also provide some reports for Nebraska waters once in a while.

How does one get to be on field staff? Good question. Field staffers are generally folk who have been posting on In-Depthangling for a while and have “caught our eye” so to speak. If we see a member who post fishing reports or provides valuable information to members, we might ask them if they have any interest in joining the staff. There’s a lot more that goes into it than that, and there are always other ways a guy might join the team. If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of the IDA staff team, ny suggestion would be to start posting helpful information for your fellow members. Believe me, we pay attention. After you’ve been posting for a period of time it wouldn’t hurt to send a note to one of our committee members of staffers to let them know that you’re interested.

So you know what we look for… We look for members who conduct themselves appropriately in the forums. We pay attention to a person’s chartacter, as well as their ability to catch a fish. We like to see pictures. A fish story without pictures is… well, just a fish story. Pictures really make the website much more interesting and exciting. And, of course, we look at a person’s skill level. A field staffer is someone who should be able to offer techniques and advice to members. They don’t have to be Al Linder, but they should be a skillful angler, AND be able to communicate well to our membership.

I’m sure I left out some important stuff, but this is off the top of my head. If you have any other questions please let us know.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Welcome bigbass3638. You will like this place!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

They don’t have to be Al Linder

That’s a fact! I don’t know the differance between a Scum Frog and a Omaha Rig.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

…I meant Colorado rig….no, it’s a colorado blade and a Carolina rig…

Well, you get the picture.

savage_tuna
    Savage, MN

Welcome Bigbass!

I will tell you from experience that this IS the best site for fishing info I have ever come across! I have learned sooooo much by just “hanging out” on the site and reading the posts. The whole idea behind sites like these is to bring together like-minded people and exchange ideas. This site, unlike most others, actually does just that! These guy’s are the best! I have never seen more fishin’ folk more willing to teach and expand our sport! Great to have you aboard!!!

Savage Tuna

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

There is a Nebraska forum
    Just kidding Wade

Welcome to IDA bigbass, this place rocks The info shared here is awesome, it sure helped me put more fish in the boat and on camera!
    I look forward to your post
    Bret

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Welcome to IDA Bigbass . This is a grand forum to be part of, tons of information here shared here by members . Any information you could share about your home waters will be apreciated as a change in scenery or other fishing ,hunting options is always welcomed in my book.

Wait now, I forgot ,I dont hunt but I know other members do.So go ahead and share all :
    toast:

emover
    Malcom, IA

BigBass,
    Glad to have you with us at IDA. I think you’ll like it here. Feel free to post all you want, we enjoy sharing with one and all

dave

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.