Navionics Minnesota Chip

• jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I’m planning on a trip to Kabetogama next spring. I’m curious if I should buy the chip now and do some looking at structure or should I wait in case they update the chip before next spring?

Anyone have this chip currently and used it on Kabetogama and have any opinions on the lake map?

aleb
    Butler county Iowa

I have a Minnesota chip that I am not using anymore . Looking to get rid of it. It is about 2 years with out being updated I think you can update it for around $100. I really liked the graphics on this chip. The 1 foot lines are very clear. PM me if you have more questions

KirtH
    Lakeville

What sonar are you using? That makes a difference on what chip is best. Follow this link to the Navionics map previewer http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en here can preview cartography there are two views available either the standard Nautical chart view or the SonarCharts view (click on the sonar icon on the lower left corner) which gives you more detail. SonarCharts is available on NAV + and Platinum, not all sonars can run these 2 chips do to limitations in sonar processors

Let me know if you have any further Navionics questions

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

Humminbird 1198

KirtH
    Lakeville

Cool, do you fish anywhere else in the US? Do you go to Canada?

If you just plan to fish in the 5 state area I would say Hotmaps Platinum then with SonarCharts, if you go to Canada or Great Lakes also Nav + with SonarCharts

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I do fish Canada, but I’m not sure if they would cover the lakes I frequent.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Jerr, I had a navionics premium chip and the v4 lakemaster for mn, personally I thought the lakemaster was a lot more detailed.

In either case if you buy a navionics you should get a year of updates included so you could update it for your trip, or hold out and watch for a sale somewhere between now and then and save some cash.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Jerr go to the Webapp and you can see if the lakes you fish look like.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.