Naked Without A Leatherman

• mrpike1973

It is required at work to carry one I would almost go without shoes before leaving without my wing man

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

I have had a leatherman wave on my side since the first version,have sent in for replacement couple times,bought a wingman for those times.
    I gave my groomsmen all leatherman micros as a gift,and they all ended up buying thier wifes one also,all still using them 18yrs later.
    Great product and Great company.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

You guys would be amazed at how many tools I can fit in my man purse. Leatherman, pocket knife, mascara, lip balms. Very versatile and I have different colors to match whatever shoes or belt I’m wearing.

I live in south Minneapolis. @Mr.Beads knows what I’m talking about.

LOL! Murse’s are required when your jeans are so skinny! rotflol

I bought some nice pocket knives as a groomsmen gift for my wedding, I think mine made it about a week before I lost it. Keys, cellphone, wallet and wedding ring are about all I ever have on me.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I used to carry a small pocket size swiss army knife on my keys but I forgot that they aren’t allowed in federal properties so they confiscated it upon entry. I haven’t replaced it yet.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have a Shrade Tool in a nice leather holster that I carry in the woods when deer hunting. Its at home otherwise. I have several of the original Leathermans and carry one in my tackle pail and have one in the glove box of the van. Another is in my range box….with black powder guns something is always needing tweaking and the Leatherman steps right up to the task. The pocket tools and Swiss Army knives are just plain practical for anyone who spends time in the outdoors.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I dont remember what I was doing last night, I think I was reading some forums come to think of it, but before I knew it I was researching leathermans. After about 30 minutes I settled on the leatherman signal. Should be arriving in a few days.

I like using the pocket clip, which this one has. I thought the slim profile of the skeleton model was about perfect. I’m hoping this model is a nice blend of the comfort of the Skelton model but having more tools like the wave. These little utility tools have become expensive but they sure do come in handy. Now if I can just not lose this one I’ll be a happy man

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I dont remember what I was doing last night, I think I was reading some forums come to think of it, but before I knew it I was researching leathermans. After about 30 minutes I settled on the leatherman signal. Should be arriving in a few days.

I like using the pocket clip, which this one has. I thought the slim profile of the skeleton model was about perfect. I’m hoping this model is a nice blend of the comfort of the Skelton model but having more tools like the wave. These little utility tools have become expensive but they sure do come in handy. Now if I can just not lose this one I’ll be a happy man

I treat my Leatherman just like I treat my wallet & cash. My Leatherman is in my front pocket where I keep my clip with my cash. When changing pants the Leatherman and money clip transfer first followed by my wallet. Last thing I do daily when leaving the house in the morning is pat my wallet and check for my phone. Only way that Leatherman doesn’t go out the door is if I didn’t get dressed.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Only way that Leatherman doesn’t go out the door is if I didn’t get dressed.

Really fits well with the title of this thread……

yay woot

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I treat my Leatherman just like I treat my wallet & cash. My Leatherman is in my front pocket where I keep my clip with my cash. When changing pants the Leatherman and money clip transfer first followed by my wallet. Last thing I do daily when leaving the house in the morning is pat my wallet and check for my phone. Only way that Leatherman doesn’t go out the door is if I didn’t get dressed.

Last one I lost because it was in my pocket using the clip and I laid down for a nap at a friend’s place and didn’t realize it fell out. I prefer the pocket clip but if it seems too lose again I’ll use the belt holder. I’m old enough now not to give a rip how dorky it looks

B-man

When I saw the title of this thread I thought, “Hey, someone is like me…”

Then I saw it was a thread I started a couple years ago jester

I still have the same one I posted a picture of when this started, it’s in my right pocket everyday, sometimes I carry a Skele-tool on weekends instead since it’s a little lighter and clips onto a belt loop easily.

Since then I’ve sharpened it a a bunch of times and managed to chip the Phillips bit recently, but she keeps on ticking.

Like Dutchy, I don’t go anywhere without it.

Every morning my mental check list is: Keys, Phones, Wallet… Lunch, Leatherman….Coffee, Computer

If I have all of those things along with pants and boots I’m good for the day mrgreen

404 ERROR
    MN

I keep a Leatherman in my truck, tackle bag and blind bag. I always carry a Kershaw knife that has a bit driver and bits on it. The Leatherman is obviously more handy with a pliers, but I found I rarely used it versus the knife.

Attachments:
    1. 81lXe0EJ9TL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Deuces

Everytime I see one on persons outside of work I always say to myself, dude you are trying way to hard at this life thing.

Have a tool belt for work, glad to rid that thing once the day is over, only thing I want hanging off my hip is a bottle opener

To each their own!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I don’t carry a Leatherman but do understand the feeling. I must have a knife on me and feel naked when I don’t. The only time I didn’t have a knife was in high school. As soon as I got into my car it went back into my pocket. I always thought it was strange when someone didn’t have a knife or Leatherman on them. A knife makes a great bottle opener. I also had my knife on me at my wedding. Just had to take it off for pictures.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Leatherman MUT for the woods or the range. Leatherman Free K4 for EDC and fishing. I also have another one which I don’t even recall the variety that sits in a holster along with a little maglite, in my wife’s truck.

The MUT used to be my EDC for several years but the free is easier on my pockets and lighter, and I like the blade for everyday activities a lot more. The M UT has been gone through by Leatherman as many of the tools and the blade were “well worn” because I beat the stink out of it. Their warranty repair program is phenomenal, I highly recommend it.

B-man

Everytime I see one on persons outside of work I always say to myself, dude you are trying way to hard at this life thing.

Have a tool belt for work, glad to rid that thing once the day is over, only thing I want hanging off my hip is a bottle opener

To each their own!

This guy has opened a ton of canned goods and a million beer bottles on the weekends mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. PXL_20220804_175934019-scaled.jpg

Red Eye

I don’t carry a Leatherman but do understand the feeling. I must have a knife on me and feel naked when I don’t. The only time I didn’t have a knife was in high school. As soon as I got into my car it went back into my pocket. I always thought it was strange when someone didn’t have a knife or Leatherman on them. A knife makes a great bottle opener. I also had my knife on me at my wedding. Just had to take it off for pictures.

I’ve carried a small buck knife in my pocket every day for 23 years. Current one has been there for 21 years. It was there when I got married, birth of my son, 3 grandparents funerals, and several buddies weddings. Only time its not there is on a plane vacation. I was always sick of buddies asking for a knife when hunting and fishing. So I got them all engraved ones for groomsmen gifts. I don’t think a one of them carries a knife and still ask to use mine. flame

B-man

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220804-132127.png

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Leatherman Wave!!! Lost my 2nd one last fall during hunting season, still haven’t replaced, but am looking forward to soon!!!

Mark

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Only weapon I carry on me all the time is under these sleeves bruh! And on the weekends I like to lose the sleeves rotflol rotflol

Timmy

I’m so used to having my leatherman skeletool clipped in my pocket, I guess I never thought about it. It’s simply part of what goes in my pockets in the morning. Wallet, leatherman, keys. Cant imagine not having a knife/pliers handy, but to each their own.

Deuces

Seriously tho I’m gonna order one for the boat. toast

tswoboda

Came here expecting another reality TV show topic and left with a laugh and another Leatherman in the mail.

Lip balm consists of a sandwich baggie with a dab of Vaseline from the big a$$ jar at home that looks to be from 1979 that probably still carries your parents a$$ germs when they had diaper rash.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I carry my Leatherman everyday and have for years. Along with a 9mm. Which never comes in handy

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Great meme Beads rotflol

Reef W

I carry leatherman when fishing or hunting, too heavy and too much poop in my pockets already otherwise. I have an old key on my ring that works for about 100% of box opening duties. Unfortunately I lost my original Wave. The new version is OK but not nearly as good as it used to be. I set the original one on the bed in a sleeper shack, sat on the bed, and watched it pop up in the air and straight down the hole (

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I carry my Leatherman everyday and have for years. Along with a 9mm. Which never comes in handy

Every. single. day. For over ten years this year. Glad it hasn’t come in handy yet, hope it never does. Sure would hate to need it and not have it though.

Viewing 28 posts - 31 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.