Musky Connection

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

For a variety of reasons, I no longer get up north as often as I’d like. So this spring I “invested” in a new to me musky setup, due to fishing the metro more often. So, Last Friday I brought my boat to work, and met a buddy at a west metro landing. Drove out to where we wanted to start by about 630, and before he had wet a line I connected with this girl. It was a gorgeous fall evening with water temps 55 degrees, and it slurped down my Klack top water bait. She was a solid 44″. We fished until midnight, and missed one more on a sucker. This is my 2nd musky, but 1st on purpose (previous was a beast that ate a 20″ walleye I was reeling in on Mille Lacs). On a related note the boat won’t be getting put away for awhile yet! I wish fall never ended!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0414.jpg

2. IMG_0406.jpg

3. IMG_0412.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

She’s a beaut, love the dark colors on er. Nice catch toast

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thanks, it was a fun night on the water!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Nice work and a gorgeous night!

Coincidently, the lunch conversation at work was about bringing the boat to work and learning how to fish musky in the west metro. After years of swearing I wouldn’t take up musky, maybe it’s time to eat my words. Those pics make a convincing case.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Muskies huh? You are in trouble now, quit while you still can lol.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Muskies huh? You are in trouble now, quit while you still can lol.

Haha, well I’m not selling my jigging rod anytime soon, that’s for sure! But another reason to get on the water is good with me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.