Watch This!!! Its coming down the pipe.

• larry_haugh
    MN

Here is a site I like to use in monitoring the River levels. It shows many rivers through out the region. You just have to scroll through to find what your looking for.

Take note of the MN river from Mankato through Savage.

You will watch a swell sweeping through and dropping as it moves from city to city.

Just a word of caution. If you decide to head out in a boat in any of these areas when its on the rise or cresting. Keep a close eye out. You will find the most wood floating through. And don’t get yourself stuck somewhere. ( I know its obvious but I still like to put the word of caution out.)

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/area.php?wfo=mpx&view=1%5DNational Weather Service Link<<

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Larry. Very good info even though very scary in places for people living in low areas. Flooding stinks to put it nicely.
    Thanks, Bill

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Pool 4 is predicted to rise 4 feet…that’s going to get some wood a floating!

‘course the floating logs are too bad…it’s the ones just under water that puts a frown on my face.

Slow and steady always wins the race.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Pool 2 is going to be a mess anywhere below the MN river confluence once the water starts pushing down.

It will be interesting to see how accurate the charts are with more rain coming this week for some areas. Many of the charts the water is still lower than predicted at this time… It would be nice to have some flow for a while… but keeping the rivers comfortably within the banks would be ideal.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

This is unbelieveable. Yesterday the tailwater at L&D 11 in DBQ was around 7 ft. Tomorrow’s forecast is for 16.5 ft. which is one-half foot over flood stage. The river is going to rise close to 10 ft in 24 hours according to the Corps. web site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.