saturday night 8-11

• catfishchef
    prior lake, mn

with water as low as it is should you still fish upstream from where you launched or not?, I.e launch in blooington and head to shakopee, or cheat and just launch in shakopee and 100% depend on your gear?

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

There is some really shallow areas in shakopee right now. As low as 1.5 feet deep in certain stretches. I’m gonna run around on the river friday to check out where I wanna fish for the Moore’s bait catfish contest on saturday. If you launch out of Shakopee take it slow out there. There are deadheads and other hazards, some under the surface that can’t be seen.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Down by Judson there are impassable spots and many spots where the only navigable channel is as wide as the boat (small boat too!). Be careful out there!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

There is some really shallow areas in shakopee right now. As low as 1.5 feet deep in certain stretches. I’m gonna run around on the river friday to check out where I wanna fish for the Moore’s bait catfish contest on saturday. If you launch out of Shakopee take it slow out there. There are deadheads and other hazards, some under the surface that can’t be seen.

Flaco651 Sums it up pretty good. You can save a lot of time and gas by launching out of shakopee if your boat can handle it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.