saturday night the 4th shakopee VS. Jordan

• catfishchef
    prior lake, mn

going out on saturday night, lots of talk about launching at 35w and heading towards shaketown. I understand that is where they are biting. dtro or larry any comments or words of advice?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have advice, drive as slow as possible. We launched from Shak about 2 weeks ago and nailed something we couldn’t even see. Not before and not after. It may have bottom, but the hull hit it twice and not the motor.

larry_haugh
    MN

Welcome to the site Catfishchef. Pug summed it up pretty good. Take it slow and easy. If your going to try to get close to shakopee you might as well launch out of there and

save your time and gas. If your running a big boat you will be limited to the barge channels.

The bite has been sporadic as of late. Might be an interesting night……. Rumor has it we could get a great and much needed Soaking…. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Advice……Please consider CPR on the larger Fish, with the warm water you would be better releasing all but the small ones and you might want to even consider that.

Good Luck

catfishchef
    prior lake, mn

14 foot alumacraft with 20 horse merk, thanks for advice, was out same weekend as last moores tourney, out of jordan, hopefully this will be the weekend, lil rain won’t hurt anyway!

umichjesse
    Plymouth

Quote:

Advice……Please consider CPR on the larger Fish, with the warm water you would be better releasing all but the small ones and you might want to even consider that.
    Good Luck

Just curious, is it common recommending CPR to a 2nd time poster or did the sceen name “Catfishchef” make you a little nervous?

Actually I wouldn’t want to eat anything out of the Minnesota River anyways. They didn’t name the vegatable company in Le Suer “Little Green Giant” because they grow big peas and beans. It was because when you eat the fish out of that septic tank of a river and pee afterwards your mister twister turns into a little green giant. Or you could say old one eye turns into the three eyed fish in the Simpsons.

joes-kid
    Minneapolis, MN

Le Suer, isn’t that where the Jolly Green Giant stands over his corn and pees?

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Hey! I’m Originally from LeSueur. haha
    Nice town. Yes he lookis over the pea’s and corn there. One on the hill comming into town on 169 and one my the old factory and one by the museum.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Blinky Says:
    /|
    Hey, leave me out of this!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

Quote:

Good Luck

Just curious, is it common recommending CPR to a 2nd time poster or did the sceen name “Catfishchef” make you a little nervous?

UmichJesse, Welcome to the MN river forum, Thanks for taking time to post. I hope you take more time to check out the other catfish areas on the site, as well as check out some of the older threads.

If I recalled correctly Catfishchef was soliciting advice, and I delivered a few pointers and recommendations. If an how he takes the solicited advice is up to him.
    As a moderator and Field Staff I take the responsibility to educate and make people aware of many things in regards to the sport of fishing. I recommend CPR quite frequently on many sites to people who appear to be new the the sport. I also make many other recomenndations about other things, as you will notice if and when you take the time to read older posts.
    In regards to this instance it was a combination to the two you mentioned as well has his signature. “Catch it Kill it Cook it”
    Does it make me nervous? No…. I’m glad to see people getting into the sport, and I really like to hear stories of them catching nice fish, but if everyone keeps what they catch there will be no sizable fish left because of the amount of time it takes to reach large sizes.
    Just to clarify…. I am not saying that anyone is keeping large fish. Just answering some very good questions.

CatfishChef.
    I’ll keep an eye out for you. If you ever see a red and silver lund Mr Pike with big light poles on it give a holler I run a black merc on the back.
    Good luck out there SAT

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Thanks Larry and Great advice as always!…

catfishchef
    prior lake, mn

changed my calling so ye all wouldn’t worry about me, we consume more american farm raised catfish in this world than any other wild or farm raised fish! just a little fyi

firemen
    PriorLake MN

Well put Larry.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.