7/07 Reeeeport.

• buzbunni
    MN, USA

Thanks for all the information on the ramps. We are familiar with the carver ramp, as well as the channel thru there, but we decided to go out of Shakopee instead. Larry was nice enough to be waiting for us at the ramp ! We decided to go upstream a spell for the night of fishing. We only fished a couple of spots, but we managed 5 zips, and landed one small flat and one teeny flat (15# and 5#).

It was pretty warm out there last night. I mean, usually it cools off and I’m ready to put on a long top. Not last night, sweating ’til the end. Also, the water temp was up to 83 degrees by our record; last weekend we measured 77. Wow! That’s toasty!

Right on with the reports of low water. I can’t believe how much it came down, even since last weekend. We bumped a couple monsters, and hit a bar slightly, but we were traveling at proper low-water river speed, and so all is well.

One of Carver Counties finest (Travis, I believe) pulled into the launch area just as we were packing to pull out. It turns out he’s quite the river angler himself, and had some good tips and stories to share. Nice talking with ya Travis.

That about covers it. Good luck out there, and motor slowly.

larry_haugh
    MN

Thanks for the update Mate!
    It was nice meeting you and Fishinlogician. Hope you guys didn’t bump too hard up there. Last time I was up there was bad. Run aground, stuck on 2 deadheads and a bent prop (bad). Probably in the area you guys were.

We were hitting some really shallow spots as well.
    Our night was productive on the smaller fish.
    2 sheepies.
    2 little Flats around 5lbs.
    2 channels 1 dink and 1 10LB OINKER.
    Lots of hits and runs.
    Off the water by Midnight.

It was a sweaty one last night. The May flys are just getting started. Will be interesting to see what this season brings.

I heard that others were in the action as well. Though nothing large. The time is coming soon.

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

We fished the Sippi friday night and finished with 8 cats, 6 channels and 2 flats. The largest fish was a 8 lb. channel. The two flats were 5-6 lb range. One flat took a bullhead, the other one took a live creek chub. Four channels took cut chub, the other two came off of live ones. The channels were very aggresive and would pick up the bait and just take off. Fun night even though no large fish were caught.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Agreed. The channels are just nailing it right now!

flaco651
    St. Paul's Westside

I just realized I added my Sippi report to the MN forum. Oh well, I will add my MN river report later this week or weekend whenever I get out there next. I was within a couple miles of the Sota all night though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.