Mission radik archery question.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any one have one for the kids or lady friends ? I was looking for a bow for the 8 year old little lady and looked at a bunch of youth bows between 50 and 200 bucks. They seemed all OK at best so I raised my spending funds a little bit and just pulled the trigger on the mission radik by mathews. Seems like a sweet bow, will grow with her for a long time. Shoots 10 to 50 pounds and 17 to 28 inch draw. I looked at a lot of reviews online and they all seem pretty good, but does any one have any real life experience? She loves coming and watching us shoot, and I’m sick of buying senseless toys so the bow seemed like a great idea for x mass. And I was told the resale would be solid if for some reason she doesn’t enjoy shooting. 420 bucks out the door was more then I wanted to spend on a kids set up but everything priced at 200 seemed chincy or she’d out grow fast.

Ben K.

I think you’re going to be super happy with it. I bought my now 10yo a Mission Hammr when he was 8 and it has been awesome. Bought my other son a Diamond infinite edge around the same time and I prefer the Mission in every way (size/wt, adjustability, etc.). I cranked it up and increased the draw length for my brother to try archery (he and my son are left eye dominant) and it was quite easy and shot well at 60 lbs. He wound up buying a Mission MXR for himself as his first bow.

Did you end up buying that Lift? From everything I’ve read and watched it sounds incredible.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I think you’re going to be super happy with it. I bought my now 10yo a Mission Hammr when he was 8 and it has been awesome. Bought my other son a Diamond infinite edge around the same time and I prefer the Mission in every way (size/wt, adjustability, etc.). I cranked it up and increased the draw length for my brother to try archery (he and my son are left eye dominant) and it was quite easy and shot well at 60 lbs. He wound up buying a Mission MXR for himself as his first bow.

Did you end up buying that Lift? From everything I’ve read and watched it sounds incredible.

So I shot the lift, alpha x, prime revex, and a bow tech core ss and sr. As the lift was sweet and light the grip is not comfortable to me. I really liked the hoyt but the bowtech shot so nice. The lift didn’t have a stabilizer on it so I have to re shoot it before I make up my mind, I’d also like to shoot one with a aftermarket grip. I told the guys up at full draw that I have to sleep on it. I also shot a fresh traded in hoyt rx7 ultra, that thing was sweet.

B-man

Our boy Hank has one, it’s an AWESOME bow and I totally recommend it.

We bought it and had it set up at Anchor Point a couple years ago. Since then I’ve been able to easily adjust it at home.

He’s up a 20″ draw and 33lbs right now. He shoots out to 40 yards but is more comfortable at 30 yards (blows my mind for a third grader lol)

Ben still shoots a little Genesis, which works but isn’t even close to what the Radik is… (He’s due to upgrade)

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231208-171146.png

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That’s awesome, I’m glad to hear both good reviews. I’m hoping she will love it. I went with all black and hot pink accessories so it’s girly but easily to black out for resale if need to be. (Hoping not). I will set up a basement shoot spot for her with back drop and balloons on a target. That way she can have fun with it this winter.
    By the way I dig the Zach Bryan playing in the back on the TV b mann

Ben K.

My bow is a Rx7 ultra and I love it. It barely edged out the Mathews (personal preference) when I bought it so I’ve been wanting to shoot the Lift to see how it shoots (although I won’t be upgrading any time soon).

I’m impressed with Hank’s shooting B-man. We just stretched my 10yo out to 20yards this summer and his 8yo
    brother shoots 10.

B-man

I’m impressed with Hank’s shooting B-man. We just stretched my 10yo out to 20yards this summer and his 8yo
    brother shoots 10.

He’s not driving tacks at 30-40 yards but has a lot of fun and it’s a blast shooting along side him lol

We have a steep hill he can shoot into, if he misses the target the arrows don’t get buried in the grass and are easy to find.

This winter I’m going to build a rolling backstop for in the shop. We can shoot up to 25 yards in there.

Love me some Zach Bryan Bearcat

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.