Mille Lacs

• Carter Paulson

Headed to Mille Lacs with my old college roommate for our annual fishing trip. Pick one body of water we want to fish and go for four day. This year Mille Lacs was our choice. Looking for any information I can Gather on typical areas that produce and what tips you have for breaking down areas during the day and any tips for setting the wheel house up for the night bite.

Thanks for any advice and help!

bbuchho90

mud or gravel flats during the day, fish the deep edges. set your house up on a structure break for the evening bite when they slide up shallow to feed. Look on Navionics or a structure map and pick what you want to target, the lake has it everywhere. Hopefully the bite picks up, it was painfully slow this past weekend with the cold front and -20 degree temps.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Can confirm tough bite this past weekend. Best fish came middle of the night on rattle reels and dead sticks. Lots of yo-yo-ing and picky during dawn and dusk. I did notice they had more interest in rattles vs flutters. But those fish were still only teeners and low 20’s. Big fish came on suckers and shiners.

Good luck. I have a 3 day guys trip planned this weekend and are debating between lakes now with this slower bite.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.