Mess on Red

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I was reading @cookie report today and enjoy his storytelling of the happenings through his outfit and such amusing details he shares.

I found today also some of what he was talking about regarding the challenges both he and some other resorts are still experiencing.

Some resorts (and survivors) have come through relatively unscathed, other’s …the struggle is real frown

This was posted today on Roger’s FB page…

“We are currently letting people out 1.4 miles from the resort no farther. This area has been high ground. The area 1.4 not 1.5 to 2.4 is considered the graveyard (see attached pics). If you drive into this area you are on your own, the road crew has been put on a do not assist for anyone for two weeks for anyone in the graveyard. The cries for help ended days ago. Abandoned houses are just that considered abandoned. Outfitters are digging out their houses and all their help was appreciated.
    Ice is flexible and the good news is where everyone was for the holiday weekend it will be where all rivers run to. The ice in that area is under the water level causing it to flood when it’s drilled. Just go to areas away from it and by all means it doesn’t represent most of it.”

Attachments:
    1. RRlake2.jpg

2. RRlake3.jpg

3. RRlake.jpg

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

weird year…..them scientists in the north pole are on to something. get on ice if you can. I hope they are wrong but sure looks like they warned us about this trend.

MNdrifter
    Participant

Took myself and a buddy 12 hours to get to shore on Monday after the storm. We helped 2 other fish houses that were fishing near us for a couple hours, then started working on ours. It took us 7 hours to go roughly 600’ to get to plowed ice road. Digging, rocking etc. my truck and fish house are in the shop, his trucks also in the shop. It was a real mess.

Deuces
    Participant

Took myself and a buddy 12 hours to get to shore on Monday after the storm. We helped 2 other fish houses that were fishing near us for a couple hours, then started working on ours. It took us 7 hours to go roughly 600’ to get to plowed ice road. Digging, rocking etc. my truck and fish house are in the shop, his trucks also in the shop. It was a real mess.

Nightmare. Glad to see at least you guys got er out and r safe.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

heard today that westwind shut down for the season……..

tindall
    Participant
    Minneapolis MN

Dang, isn’t that one pic one of those soft side, super light, floating houses?

belletaine
    Participant
    Nevis, MN

I feel bad for Cookie & others, watching dollars drive the extra 50 miles to LOW. We stopped in Waskish and filled up, bought beer, pop and other sundries and were glad to to do it. But it’s business and there’s lean years and fat years.
    I’ve seen tons of threads over the years on the importance of pumping money along the shorelines of Mille Lacs, and make no mistake, I agree. But these folks up north of Bemidji work every bit as hard.
    Rant over.

glenn57
    Participant
    cold spring mn

I’ve been corrected about westwind. For now it’s just this week and weekend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.