LX-6 Update

• Daniel Cooke

I just updated my LX-6 to the 5.10 version. Anyone know whats new? I can’t find any info on their website.

bigpike

From what I understand the biggest change is it takes care of the shallow water treading issue.

maddogg

Daniel What is the exact cable I need to do the update.The say a 2.0 USB port and a 2.0 USB cable.The end that goes to the computer is always the same what end do I need to fit the locator Micro – Mini or what?

Mini

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Just a bit of advice.

Before you upload ANY firmware, verify the changes before doing it. That goes for cell phones, computers, sonar units… Bad or useless updates are common. Why risk functionality when there’s 0 benefit?

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Just a bit of advice.

Before you upload ANY firmware, verify the changes before doing it. That goes for cell phones, computers, sonar units… Bad or useless updates are common. Why risk functionality when there’s 0 benefit?

That is why I am still running my old firmware. My LX6 works fine with this version. I believe 3.17 or 4.07? I would be willing to update, if I knew there would be a benefit.

Daniel Cooke

After a few hours of playing with it on my couch it seems they’ve added and ice fishing demo mode (think that’s new) and the sonar modes have been relabeled gain 1 and gain 2 (not sure what that means)

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

After a few hours of playing with it on my couch it seems they’ve added and ice fishing demo mode (think that’s new) and the sonar modes have been relabeled gain 1 and gain 2 (not sure what that means)

Has anyone figured out what Gain 1 & Gain 2 are? I called my local Pro Staffer but he seems to be busy with the SBC open house.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

One is open water mode the other is ice mode.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.