outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Check your privacy settings on Photobucket. Or just upload to IDO

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Is what walleyes?.?

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

It would help to know a little about Lake McConaughy.
    Where is it?
    What is the water clarity like?
    Do people normally catch walleyes out of 50′ of water at this time of the year?
    Are there Stripers or Catfish in this lake?

Pretty hard to know for sure what they are unless you can catch one or two.
    I might be inclined to guess, and it really is nothing more than a guess, is that they are catfish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Since yellow shows the hardest bottom return on the HDS units, I would say it’s some type of structure.

And that’s only a guess.

neckdeep

Big Mac when at full pool is a 30,000 acre Resevoir in Western Nebraska, i don’t know how low it is for sure but there was lots of drawdown this year. Water clarity is good right now, i would say 3 foot at least, maybe more. Mac has lots of catfish and had striper’s in it but i am pretty sure they are all gone. We were slabbing up there on Sunday, got skunked, fished in good looking marks most of the day. I saw a walleye caught in 52 fow right after I took that screen shot. I think some of those could be cats in that pic. The 35 fow shot i would almost gurantee that is a walleye, any other day i would have said hold on, someone is going to get bit. Slabbing has been good at times but Sunday seemed to be slow, so many alewives in the lake, plenty to eat. A guy from town caught a 16# hog in the spring during the spawn a couple years back. there some big walleye in the lake

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I would say both pictures show fish. Aside from that, I’ve never felt I could call the species without catching them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.