LOW Access – Wigwam vs. Adrians

• outdoorsmn

I haven’t been up to LOW in a couple years on my own. We plan on bringing the wheelhouse this weekend. Couple years ago we were out of Wigwam and they used the same road as Adrians, I know Wigwam was going to through an ownership change at the time.

I’m trying to clear up our plans and thought both resorts used the same road. I did contact both resorts yesterday before I found out they may have separate roads, both indicated they have pre-plowed wheelhouse spots.

I have a couple questions:
    – Are Wigwam and Adrians road separate now?
    – How far out on the lake do each go, if separate?
    – Sounds like Wigwam was $40 for a road pass, but now someone drilled a hole on the road and flooded it, now maybe $60?

Any information or experiences with these two access points is greatly appreciated.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Yes, the roads are separate and not sure how far either goes. This is the first year the Wigwam has had their own road and I think some people up there are not happy about it.

I’ll be up there the 28 through the 3rd but I’m staying out of Ballards Resort. Let me know how you do while you are up there because I’ve been hearing mix reports.

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

I hear adrians road goes out at least 15 miles past pine island.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Yes, separate roads now.

Jason from Wigwam posted this on Facebook the other day “We are almost to Garden Island with our road but starting to have issues with roads flooding already from the weight of all the snow, gotta bare with us when it comes to changing conditions.”

The new owners started last February at Wigwam. I am sure there is a learning curve to owning a resort.

Best to call each place and ask what the price is for a road pass.

Some info posted on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/grollfishing/

https://www.facebook.com/WigwamResortOnLakeOfTheWoods/?hc_ref=ARTl7orBCJp37lvfgGwpBOr9ii-H7vL336CSPZmvro0Z_gN2vXhoPh3xnepNaU2PGYQ&fref=tag&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARBxL6FQ2Q4KDoaDSLwfiiMKMoHQUKVKvWqkpux5qU81IqT1x5WqqKjq4EJ_eZqzXxvKBe8UPaYtbsyU5PDKECXSyZ8O6hGio9Ib5rA8zcxGIvpg6wNJWXWxwKV3e2xICF-MZZKlpTdy6gwktvuxAQTxqCDroNudPeRi99cx0yd2pz-Gd7l90WervSB-7-c3JSE5DDuD-cwqwnhK_7UUlkEJxNyQbBYb6kKiL6jHfHKQh4SwRKG5ymnXsD9S2j7Zai3TlWklZvvi1VdGGJ-Wwx2MSo-_GVYhnivv9tpJrLJ9r6AFJ9D5Kh8XjFxbPdYWKBLTjQ9FKFWq_KNcqutb_zdZ50DR8RywT8eKt4eAAqROHSTMFCGwwdx-Q2iYIxhl22vAgKYZ2t_beIbPw6E6gkWiuHeC-E2LTmMLK43JK-FNf5-qXdz2lSiqnQ_HZDoV1XHZaHjXMeHStRh0Uhl0MHiGS_uAIB2mrW95saZUdPfQIX-9Y1TjQslTClCZ&__tn__=kC-R

snelson223
    Austin MN

I was on Wigwams road about 2 weeks ago. There is a lot less traffic on their road. We did good fish. They have a couple of roads plowed for wheel houses. They are more expensive than most. They charged us $20 a day.

Trevor Hebel
    Roseau, MN

WigWams price went up to $40 a day for wheelhouses, I would recommend Adrians road. They’re both almost to Garden if I remember right but WigWams customer service has been pretty pour lately

KP
    Hudson, WI

Are the new owners struggling at the Wigwam? I use to go there when Tom Briggs owned it and it was great. I saw on their facebook page about them saying why they raised their fees and people weren’t happy there. I’m sure it’s not cheap maintaining those roads.

outdoorsmn

We planned on meeting at Wigmam tomorrow thinking they were still using the same road as Adrian’s.

I’ve been following Wigwam’s drama on facebook. Changing fees and then saying “after some more thought we will charge a max of $120 for extended stays.” You’re running a business here, giving no thought to the new price increases? What kind of business are they running? Sad deal, I always enjoyed their food and atmosphere.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Jason is a great guide out of wigwams. Last week a few of my buddies were out of wigwams and both hit 28 inch fish. And many others. I dont know the owners or anything. But I fish out of there roads and never been disappointed

snelson223
    Austin MN

Wigwam does not have close to the traffic as Adrian’s road and they don’t want that much traffic. There are other resorts that use Adrian’s road so they have more people maintaining and using the road. I am guessing with just Wigwam using their road the cost is pretty high to keep it open.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Most of the roads have connecting Trails once you get out on the main Lake

Trevor Hebel
    Roseau, MN

I don’t think they’re struggling and it definitely isn’t cheap to maintain and build those roads. I feel they’re being a little greedy, but if it pushes people to other roads they will have less pressure. In return it should help with catching more fish. Also their was talk about them going to $60 a day, now that’s ridiculous! But that’s just my 2 cents. I know a lot of locals up here are very upset about it but their is plenty of options up here to go out of.

grizzly
    nebraska

Trevor are there good roads going out of the Warroad area?

Trevor Hebel
    Roseau, MN

There is Springsteel which is a decent road. Then there is Swift Ditch access which is a good road. The next closest is Dale’s/Old Babblers. I haven’t heard how far out he has his road. He’s been struggling this year with the winds and snow keeping his road open.

grizzly
    nebraska

thanks Trevor, in the summer do you launch boat out of Warroad or do you go East somewhere farther

Trevor Hebel
    Roseau, MN

The farthest East I ever go is Arnesons but typically I would launch out of Warroad or Springsteel.

grizzly
    nebraska

The farthest East I ever go is Arnesons but typically I would launch out of Warroad or Springsteel.

Im hoping to get a seasonal RV spot at Warroad Estates this year and was wondering about the fishing that far west later in the summer, allways used to put in by wheelers point so don’t know that side of the lake at all

Trevor Hebel
    Roseau, MN

It’s just as good as the East side in my opinion. You won’t be disappointed if you get a spot.

snelson223
    Austin MN

Wigwam is $40 a night for wheel houses and $20 a day if you are using your portables. Road is in great shape and not a lot of traffic.

outdoorsmn

We ended up accessing the lake at Adrian’s. I knew we would be up late Thursday night so I called on our way and the nice lady left us road passes and a map outside, and told us to pay when we come off the lake on Sunday, which of course we did.

The roads were in good shape and the fishing was great!

Attachments:
    1. 84936A02-5B5A-4282-9F64-04F90A8583FD.jpeg

2. 4F771304-7063-427B-A8C6-DA2EF2D0AC10.jpeg

3. FE690438-AC76-4DC1-B198-6E4FBAE3F4E1.jpeg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.