Livescope Perspective Mode Mount Fabrication

• Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Been out using the Garmin Livescope technology quite a bit in the last 6 weeks. Had a blast in Kansas pounding crappie that were relating to brush piles by utilizing side imaging to find them, spot lock to hold on them, and Livescope forward and/or down to watch them interact with the jigs.

Hoping the perspective mode makes it less tedious to stay on schools of roaming fish. Updated software on my Garmin unit and had to fabricate a homemade bracket because the Garmin bracket is not available yet.

After seeing some pics of the bracket I bent one of my own out of 2” flat stock, cut to length and drilled a couple holes. Looking forward to getting out this weekend to find out if this will make it easier to stay with roaming schools of crappie or really any schooling fish.

Anyway, hope the pics or information helps someone. Let me know if you any specific questions.

Attachments:
    1. B3E4143B-D821-4B7F-93F0-7490A6B97971.jpeg

2. 000CFEBF-82B1-4C47-9DB2-A7669020B968.jpeg

3. DD9AA6AB-BAE9-403F-9636-BF7377BF3815.jpeg

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Nice work. Thanks for posting. Let us know how it works out.

That Livescope is impressive!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Looks like about a $89 bracket, well done. grin

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Looks like about a $89 bracket, well done. grin

Yeah they are awfully proud of that new mount aren’t they!

Who knows, maybe mine will not work and I’ll end up paying for it. For now, this one was some stuff I had laying around the shop.

bassh8er

I just took my new Livescope setup out this past Saturday for the first time.

What is the perspective mode?

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Basically it’s a birds eye view that allows you to see everything in a 180 degree field of view based on where your transducer is pointed.

Still has the real time sonar which sets it apart from Humminbirds 360 or 360 mega.

Have to remember that with this view we are putting a lot more information on the screen so I don’t expect it to be nearly as clear. Also has depth limitations. As I understand it, it will be best when used in less than 25’ of water or if your fishing the top 25’ of the water column.

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

Looks good Ryan. I’ve just put a fully portable livescope system together that i can move from the fishing boat to the pontoon, etc. I still have to construct some type of pole for the transducer, but just noticed the Livescope unit only comes with the slanted transducer mount to shoot past a trolling motor head when mounted on a trolling motor shaft. I’d like mine to shoot straight down on a pole which it appears you have done. Did you get a zero offset mounting bracket?

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

Looks good Ryan. I’ve just put a fully portable livescope system together that i can move from the fishing boat to the pontoon, etc. I still have to construct some type of pole for the transducer, but just noticed the Livescope unit only comes with the slanted transducer mount to shoot past a trolling motor head when mounted on a trolling motor shaft. I’d like mine to shoot straight down on a pole which it appears you have done. Did you get a zero offset mounting bracket?

Yeah I got the zero offset bracket because mine is on a separate pole.

I also started with a fully portable setup and will keep it for ice fishing. But I just have the one boat and after fishing with it a dozen times or so decided I wanted it mounted in the boat.

Here are pics of my portable caddy.

Attachments:
    1. 79E511EE-7339-4AB2-9BF9-4C69438DE70B.jpeg

2. B361864E-C344-4DD4-8375-5C74ACABBF8B.jpeg

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.