Koronis

• cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

Any one else out there that fishes this lake.

I have found it to be pretty good for spring and fall crappie.

I night troll alot on Koronis and have fallen in love with the night bite pulling cranks espically during the cool fall evenings and the full moon.

Nice part about Koronis is that after about 10 pm, one has the lake almost to themselves.

For all the ones that have not registered on this forum, please do and we can share alot of info on Koronis.

We can surely learn from one another and hopefully boat more fish.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Never fished Crappies there but I do know that there are some Tank Smallmouth swimming around in there. I’m looking forward to hooking into a few of them this season

cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

Yes, there are some dandies there.

adam-bartusek
    Participant
    New Prague, MN

All I know about this lake is 1)the name and 2) My state TBF bass tourney is on it and i have no idea where it even is

cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

It’s located about 7 miles west of Eden Valley or NW of Litchfield about 30 minutes.

From Arlington, pulling the boat it’s about a 1.5 hour drive. Little bit more for you.

cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

I believe it’s in either Stearns or Meeker. I would guess the north western tip of Meeker.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Tom…I grew up in the Cold Spring area, so I know that lake and fish it hard. I am with you about the fall fishing for walleyes, rigging with redtails by day and cranking at night. Oh by the way the smallies are sure fun to fish.

Have you run into any giant pike trolling?

cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

We got one nice bruiser last fall.

I would love to get into the smallie action some time.

my4x4yj
    Participant
    Litchfield, Meeker Cnty, MN

Koronis is actually split by Meeker on the east side of the lake and Stearns the west half of the lake. There is a cnty park on the south shore that is owned and maintained by Meeker cnty but is actually in Stearns cnty. Between Koronis, Rice and Diamond I don’t fish anywhere else. Koronis also has an early afternoon bite that surprises alot of people as well as great largemouth fishing. There are several tournements there during the year.

140-zuki
    Participant
    Cokato, MN

I have heard too many people talk about the night trolling out there I have to go try it myself. Do you know if it is a good early season night troller also? Ben

cat dude
    Participant
    Arlington, MN

It can be but for me on average, the fall fishing seems better on average.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

I fish Koronis occasionally yet. I used to live 4 miles from the 55 access and hit it alot. Heck, with limited time and by myself, I would fish under the bridge and by the carp trap… the lake is really a gem Like said, good walleye and crappie action and phenomenal smallie action I need to get out there soon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.