Someone know the results of W.A.M.??

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Anybody know the results of the women’s tourney there on Koronis saturday??
    I know a couple IDA women were fishing it…

WalleyeWoman

First, let me personally thank Glenn at gkfishingguides for a wonderful guided tour of the lake & for showing us how it’s done (ie: somehow, HE managed most of the fish! LOL) Mom & I had a wonderful day on the lake with you & we have already given out ALL the cards you gave us to fellow anglers at the tourney ~ hope you hear from them!!

Now, on to the W.A.M. Tournament this past Saturday…

Wow! What a day we had on Lake Koronis!! Started off with a sprinkle or two & ended up with an overall nice, overcast day ~ with a few thunder rolls at the end of it! However, not MANY fish were caught on the lake, as the wind had slowed down a bit, and we were coming off of a few rainy days…but, there WERE still fish to be found. There were only 10 walleyes caught & 13 northerns, to fill the top placements (1st, 2nd & 3rd) ~ the MOST fish caught in a species were Bass & Rock Bass, followed by Sunfish. The Crappies were no where to be found (more on that later)…hit & miss all day, only 9 registered during the whole tourney.

Back to the Crappie, our first fish ALMOST caught of the day, was a beautiful crappie I had on the line, trolling using rap at 8 ft depth. Got it to the boat, but mom wasn’t quick enough with the net & hook came through upper lip & lost her…the fish, not mom….LOL

Luck got better as the day progressed, we each weighed in a sunfish and Bass (mom’s ended up being a 2.2 smallmouth, which she enjoyed landing on an ultralite), and then I caught a small northern, she a small walleye, both not big enough to weigh in….which was a bummer.

HOWEVER, we managed to find an AWESOME Rock Bass hole, all on our own, and it PRODUCED almost 2 dozen rock bass in a very short time period; we ended up weighing in 5 each, as the size progressed. I’m happy to report that I ended up WINNING the Rock Bass portion of the tourney, in 1st Place, with a Rock Bass weighing in just over 1 pound

We had wonderful sponsors of the tournament, and the Paynesville area sponsors, businesses & townpeople were just WONDERFUL to us ~ we will be back in future years, for sure!!

The tips provided & tour of the lake were JUST the ticket we needed to have a memorable day of fishing & aided our succeeding in our goal to PLACE this year ~ thanks again, Glenn….we fished on Sunday before the rains came in, and took home 2 nice walleyes with us….

Thanks to ALL on this forum that provided tips & encouragement for our fishing the tourney on Lake Koronis, and we will take your advice as we fish the upcoming years on other lakes, as well ~ just an FYI, next year the tourney is going to be on Lake Osakis (sp?) near Alexandria, Minnesota…so we are working out details on our stay there already.

You are just WONDERFUL on this forum, and thank you ALL again, for making this a wonderful tournament to remember ~ my Mom & I will cherish the memories from this trip for a lifetime & much appreciated your helpfulness & information ~ thank you!!

I’ll post the ACTUAL results for the 5 species in a separate post, in the event anyone would like to know (it should be in the paper this week, too) ~

Tina

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Well thank you for the recognition Tina..
    I too had a blast that day even though you had to put up with me being cranky and in pain..
    Anytime you wanna fish again you know how to find me.. Never had a better net person in my boat..
    Congrats on the tourney and I know this is just a small step in the future of your tourney fishing..
    Keep in touch and let us know how you do when you fish other lakes as well.. Next time maybe we can have more time on the water then this last time. It seemed like the time flew by..
    Next time I take you two out we will designate your mom the net woman so she will have practice for your next monster crappie..

WalleyeWoman

Glenn, wish I had more time CATCHING, instead of NETTING your fish!! But if you ever need a helping hand with the net, just let me know….I got enough practice when we went out & in netting Mom’s catches too! I’m ready for the BIG TIME, now ~ And remember, I can unleash the hook & never even TOUCH the fish, putting it back in the water with the NET!! Oooooo, you don’t SEE that every day!!

The day certainly DID fly by, and I’m glad you were able to fish through the PAIN, with some help, of course…only a die-hard fisherman would take 2 ladies out fishing in the pain YOU were in ~

Thanks again, and I will continue to monitor this board to see how the lake reports are changing & such ~ have a good one!!

Tina

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.