Koronis 5/19/2007

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Just a brief report,
    Launched at around 6 a.m. this morning. We started our day trolling for Walleyes and were being harrassed by the panfish,rock bass and of coarse the bullheads. Midmorning we did land a couple Walleyes and Northerns biggest Walleye measured 15 inches.
    Northerns were on the smaller size but someone looking for a meal would have been happy. Nothing real big in walleyes or northerns but it was a great day out on the water..
    Throughout the day we tried everything trolling Lindys,pulling cranks,paddle tails,with very little to show. Tossed in a little bobber fishing with panfish for a result. Alot of Bass were jumping today and of coarse landed more Bass then any other fish.
    Will be out on Koronis again this upcoming week and trying a few other ideas to get more fish in the boat and perhaps some fish worth snapping pictures of..

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Thanks for the report Glenn. I’ll be hitting Karonis in mid June. I rent a cabin from my father who owns a resort on Big Fish Lake. I had some good success last year (including a 28 incher) pulling stickbaits on planer boards in the shallows before dark. Really love this lake because if the eyes are not cooperating, you can always go chase smallies and northerns.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I too will be hitting Koronis in June. I have 3 spots that produce nice eyes, 15-18 inchers consitently. shhhhhhhh….

big g

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Big G I know your spot then…

big_g
    Isle, MN

3 others….besides trolling along 55…..

big g see you on the water !!!

joeman
    Paynesville,MN

if any one gets out there in the next week try fishing out in front of stone gate lodge…that has produced some nice eyes…

Borch

I’ve been out a couple times on Koronis in the past few weeks. The night bite has been very slow. Just a few eyes on cranks. The day bite however has been pretty good with most of the eyes in the 15-19″ range coming on leeches in 18-23 feet of water.

Good Luck guys!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Thanks for the update Jeff..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.