Koronis was ICE BREAKING!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moores Bait

Started by breaking a channel thru the ice to get to the open channel. From there out to the lake, at 7:30 am it was 44 dregrees water temp, later it warmed to 47. With six boxes of cranks we trolled shallow, deep, shallow, inbetween, and after six hours of that we had 7-small northerns in the boat. Not a single walleye, thou live bait might have been better. But all and all we were able to say we made it out there one last time. We haven’t fished it for three years, but it was good to be back. By the time we got back to the launch, there were five other boats that came in behind us. One we met coming back from up stream looking for ducks. For the guys we met at the ramp getting ready to get out, I hope you had better sucess.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thanks for the report … brrrrrrr !!! I will get to Koronis, once the ice becomes a lil’ thicker.

big g

Borch

I plan on being out there tonight trolling cranks for one last soft water trip. Hopefully we have a little better luck. I’m guessing I’ll be utilizing one of my drift socks before the night is over. Gotta get down to1.0-1.6 mph with those water temps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.