Koronis 5/28

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Went to Spicer area on Memorial Weekend to see long time friends, and only took my boat Sunday afternoon so I could try and get my wife on some Koronis Smallies. I was very surprized to see the temps had gotten up to 71 the day after the REAL opener. did not stay too long, and found no big fish in shallow water. My wife, Katie, did catch 3 medium size fish, then It was time to head off to Spicer area. May have to head back and try some deeper fish. Anyone else been out??
    thanks Jack..

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

Is the water on that lake crystal clear and not stained? The smallie is a nice looking one, but is very pale compared to the bronze colored stained water smallies around here.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

I was out there this last weekend and the water was not crystl clear slight greenish yellow tint to it. I had no luck two bites and that was it.. Beautful lake though… WOW!

Borch

Nice picture!

Biggest smallie I’ve landed there thus far this season is a fat 19″er. I’ve been targeting eyes and they’ve been pretty cooperative. Lots of 15-19″ eyes hitting right now. Also a few in the low to mid twenties.

The smallies have been in the 12-19″ range with most around 14-15″.

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Jeff~
    If I may ask where have you been finding the eyes?

Borch

On the breaks in 13-28 fow during the day. Up shallow in the evenings. I’ve found active fish on shoreline points, a few humps and around the islands. Make sure to bring some crawlers. Leeches and cranks in the evenings.

Good Luck.

big_g
    Isle, MN

a good spot is right along hwy 55, where it is the closest to the lake. if you put in at the 5 mile bridge access, go out into lake and go up the east side about 800 yards and hug the shoreline, slow trolling crawlers or leeches. when you get to the house right on the lake, turn around and head back. always had good luck there.

big g

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Nice report Jack,
    I have been meaning to get out there and get into some of those smallies. We have a tourney out there in the coming months.

shayla

Thanks for the info, big G. I think I’ll give that spot a try this Sunday. I’ll let ya know how I do!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.