A little help please??

• like_mike-ike
    Participant
    Burnsville, Minnesota

I will be on Koronis looking for some bass the next few weekends. I would really appreciate any pointers? I’m putting everything back, so don’t be secretive.

sledhead
    Participant
    MN Rosemount

i am a counsoler at the camp koronis. (its a fishing camp) and last year the rock bass were bitting on the right side of the bay (coming into the bay) that is the only spot that i can ever find them. and if you find any good spots let me know too please so i can look good in front of the campers

Bass Pundit
    Participant
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Had a tournament out there this past weekend on Saturday. A Full telling of my tale is at my tournament blog here.

The winning bag came out of Rice lake and the River at 19+lbs for 6 fish. The Smallies were not really on beds much yet and the Largies still pretty much were. It seemed like inside weedlines or flats were the deal, but the winning team got a couple of their better fish off the deep weed edge in Rice. I suspect fishing there will pick up soon.

Between Rice, the River, Mud, and Koronis you have your choice of any kind of fishing you wanna try from shallow slop to deep rockpiles. Any fishery where almost 17lbs for 6 fish only gets you 6th place with a couple of teams nipping at your heals tells you it’s good and the Smallies weren’t even active.

like_mike-ike
    Participant
    Burnsville, Minnesota

About how long to run the river into rice or mud? Is it a good chunk of time? How is navigation in the river, open or is it narrow/no wake?

Bass Pundit
    Participant
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I was surprized that the run really isn’t that bad time wise and with the high water this year navigation doesn’t seem to be a problem. I would however recommend starting in Rice and going down river the first time as that there are several false dead end shoots to avoid when going up.

Also you want to stay on the East side when going up Mud. Mud Lake is where the River is wide directly above Koronis, the River section is far more narrow and there are some area’s with pretty good depth, and I’ve heard with low water there are some shallow stretches as well.

I’ve heard rumors about some hidden pilings around the bridges up by Rice but I didn’t see anything on the locator.

sliderfishn
    Participant
    Blaine, MN

Be carefull those pilings are there. I know someone that hit one last year.

Basspastor,
    Ask Rodger and Dale about getting towed in last year.

Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.