Kids bow

• tapout

Hey fellas I have an 8 year old boy who’s asking for a bow for Christmas. I don’t bow hunt and haven’t for many years 8 to be exact ha-ha. I’m wondering if I could get some help on what to look for I would like to buy him one that he can practice with for a few years and start off hunting with also. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I asked the same question a little while back for my 7 year old. The Matthews Genesis bow was highly recommended by both folks on this forum and by the archery shop. This is the bow they use in their lessons for kids at this age.

I’m not sure about if the Genesis can be a hunting bow or not. I’m assuming you mean deer hunting and I’m not a bow hunter, so I don’t know the details. Great learner bow, though, we’ve had a lot of fun with it so far.

Grouse

goosehunter

Another good bow would be the Mission Craze, it would be a great bow for him to learn on and grow into.

willy_d
    Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada

Another good bow would be the Mission Craze

X2 on the Craze. I bought one for my son when he was 10. He is now 14 and is shooting it at 60#s. This is his last season with it, he will be taking over my DS EVO next year, his 11 year old sister will be shooting the Craze, and Dad is going to shop for a new one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.