Its dead

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Awesome that’s good. Let’s all go flood those lakes

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

With jet skis and wakeboard boats thumpin the bass.

tangler
    Inactive

Time for some dock skippin’ practice!

B-man

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

With jet skis and wakeboard boats thumpin the bass.

What good does clunking all the bass over the head do?? smash hah

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I am just glad it’s dead so it doesn’t keep expanding. toast

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

If I fished on any of these lakes I’d go out of my way to video or use the phone to video any shoreline property owner taking a boat out of the water or putting one in and save it so that if this fiasco comes up again there’d be some actual proof that this goes on. From everything I’ve read about this stuff the shoreline owners were exempting themselves from the rules they were trying to pawn off on people using the public accesses. Video proof that this happens with the landowners could go a long way in harnessing what they want.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

From everything I’ve read about this stuff the shoreline owners were exempting themselves from the rules they were trying to pawn off on people using the public accesses.

Technically speaking that isn’t true. The only difference is that there wasn’t any reliable plan to monitor lakeshore owners for compliance. They were supposed to leave the tag at the landing when they put their boat in but since they wouldn’t be parked at the landing, the plan for monitoring their compliance was extremely weak.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m glad this is dead for now. My guess is that the lakeshore owners will not give up the battle so easy. They have deep pockets and lots of political pull. At least for now this is a win for the average sportman.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Good to hear! It was an idiotic premise from the very beginning.

I wonder what happened to the money that the lake associations put up. For example, the Sugar Lake folks put out $25,000. Anyone who’s seen the houses on that lake knows that type of money was probably pretty easy to come by to privatize a beautiful lake like that.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

I love this.

She said a DNR staff person went through the inspection process without identifying themselves as such and reported that the inspection would not have met DNR standards.

Rod Bent

Hey guys
    I’m confused about one thing. Does the county or the regional coalition have the authority to do spot checks? I thought only the DNR did boat inspections.
    TIA

toothyfish

When you’re rich and trying to block the public from “your” lake, you don’t ask if what you’re doing is legal or ethical, you just do it and then throw money around if you get in trouble. Their dear leader shoots geese that would dare attempt to enter “his” lake, seasons and licenses don’t apply to these type of people in their sick minds.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

When you’re rich and trying to block the public from “your” lake, you don’t ask if what you’re doing is legal or ethical, you just do it and then throw money around if you get in trouble. Their dear leader shoots geese that would dare attempt to enter “his” lake, seasons and licenses don’t apply to these type of people in their sick minds.

That is the mentality of most Lake Property owners. I’ve been told I can’t fish in a certain cove or area of the lake because it’s private property. So on my way out I cast all the docks as I pass through. They don’t want the commoners driving on their streets either. We have a lake in Burnsville where they are trying to get the city to close off the road so traffic can’t pass through.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Hey guys
    I’m confused about one thing. Does the county or the regional coalition have the authority to do spot checks? I thought only the DNR did boat inspections.
    TIA

The county has their own inspectors. On some of these local lakes, Clearwater Lake for example, there’d be Wright County inspectors at one access and DNR inspectors at the other access. They look fairly similar, but they drive different vehicles and have different badges on their shirts. The DNR folks often had marked trucks and the county folks had unmarked or private vehicles.

Charles

Just like Crow wing has the same thing.

Ford Guy 1
    Chanhassen, MN

Sadly, it’s not dead yet. Looks like some late night voting in the state senate passed an amendment to bypass the DNR and activate the plan by July 1st. Contact your state reps NOW and voice your opposition. I’ve attached a link to the Facebook page, if the link doesn’t work just search “Wright County: Annandale Boat Inspection Program Will Harm Local Economies”.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1501474759942534/?multi_permalinks=2181631031926900&notif_id=1556034985797875&notif_t=group_highlights

hossfisher

Anybody know anything about this new revelation? This is the first I’m hearing about it, so I certainly feel like this could be sneaking by under the radar.

EDIT: Looks like Ford-Guy beat me to the punch.

Attachments:
    1. Wright-County.jpg

2. Wright-County-1.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

That’s alright, I betting MNFish will handle it.

hossfisher

Sure would be nice if they put their money where their mouth is, but something tells me that won’t be happening.

mrpike1973

We need to send emails to state representatives correct? I need to know so I can send them.

mrpike1973

A quick search says Colin Peterson for Meeker County? I don’t see how he voted? Just when I thought my blood pressure was getting better. so they pushed it through already?

blank

A quick search says Colin Peterson for Meeker County? I don’t see how he voted? Just when I thought my blood pressure was getting better. so they pushed it through already?

No, Colin Peterson is a U.S. House Rep, you’re interested in your STATE house representative. In Meeker County, that should be Dean Urdahl. You can find out for sure by typing in your address here:

http://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>toothyfish wrote:</div>

That is the mentality of most Lake Property owners. I’ve been told I can’t fish in a certain cove or area of the lake because it’s private property. So on my way out I cast all the docks as I pass through. They don’t want the commoners driving on their streets either. We have a lake in Burnsville where they are trying to get the city to close off the road so traffic can’t pass through.

Fake news. Quit generalizing one experience you had with “most lake shore owners.”

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quit generalizing one experience you had with “most lake shore owners.”

True. There are plenty of great lakeshore owners out there with some real jack holes sprinkled in. You’re welcome to fish near our docks provided we’re not swimming at the time, and you’re required to give up some secret spots to me, too. lol

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

If they do I will become a member the next day.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I heard rumors that MN house hears this tomorrow. Anyone know for sure?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Can anyone find any info on these bills? I’d like to write to my representative with some sort of bill identification so he knows what I’m talking about.

Dan Baker

This is the response I received from my representative.

Attachments:
    1. Capture-2.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.