Illegal Tournament Baits?

• jwellsy
    Participant

What kind of baits are you not supposed to use? I know live bait is a no-no.

What about the new Uncle Josh meat series crawlers, can you use things that used to be alive?

What’s the rules about electronics, motors, lights etc in baits?

robby
    Participant
    Quad Cities

Bass tourneys? Walleye? Catfish? Rules all differ.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Assuming he posted it into the Bass Tournaments HQ thread he probably is looking for general information that some may be able to share that would help expedite the process of getting to know what to expect.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

Read the rules distributed by the tournament director. Asking us is worthless if we don’t know what/which tourment.

I’ve seen rules called out specifically processed live baits or live baits by-products. Some tournaments are more laid back and some are very strict

jwellsy
    Participant

Didn’t realize questions from a tourney virgin would make so many people mad, thought the rules were a bit more standardized.

Deke12
    Participant

Didn’t realize questions from a tourney virgin would make so many people mad, thought the rules were a bit more standardized.

. They ain’t mad calm your teats

riverruns
    Inactive

The ones I’ve fished are basic no live bait use. That’s it.

But These are local tournaments. 75 boats or less.

bassn7
    Participant
    Bruce,WI

Most B.A.S.S. Tournaments follow bass rules I think under bassmaster.com you can find a list of rules or FLW too,this would be a good base set of rules to start with some groups have a special rule or two but I would think only a call to them to clarify would be in order.

Stan wave

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.