Marcum VX-1pro problem.

• paulk
    River Falls, WI

I have a 1 year old marcum vx-1pro. This past weekend I had it out on the ice and the lights just stopped flashing. I figured it was a dead battery so I charged it when I got home and tried it again and the same thing happened. When I turn it on the lights turn on for a second and then fade out but the thing keeps spinning. I called Marcum and they said it was probably a bad battery so I tried a different battery and I still had the same problem. Anyone else have this happen? Any advice on what the problem might be? Thanks!!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

You should first call Marcum 1-888-778-1208

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Looks like he did call Marcum first.

Paul, are you sure the second battery is good? I’m sure there’s other things it could be, but it sure sounds like a dead battery.

If it’s not, it’s a trip into the repair shop.

paulk
    River Falls, WI

Thanks for the quick reply’s! I am pretty sure the second battery I tried is good. It came from a new Marcum camera and it seems to power the camera without any problems.

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I had this problem with my LX-5. I had to send in the head unit and marcum fixed it. The repair was pretty fast, it just stinks that you won’t be able to use it now for late ice fishing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.