Recatching a fish

• get_hooked
    Dundee, Wi

My buddy lost a fish the other day on a tip-up. His leader broke. Well, 2 days later he gets another fish on in the same spot. It was a 30″ pike. When he cut it open, He found the remainder of his leader from the other day. How crazy is that?!? He said it was not broken down at all, and will use it another day. Just thought i would share this crazy story. And maybe find out if there are others with a similiar story.

Glad to hear your buddy got revenge on that sneaky old slimer!!!

Only once in my life have I caught a fish that I could distinctively identify as one I have caught before. Either way, it is a special accomplishment for your friend.

shaley
    Milford IA

We have caught the same fish twice a few times, one perch the wife caught, released it we watched it swim down and take my bait. 2 of my friends caught the same muskie 2 weeks apart. Wife and I caught the same walleye at the same time( ate both our baits) My first Tiger Muskie the wife hooked first and got broke off, it hit mine and I got it. Few other walleyes thrown in there that we cut hooks on and recaught them on the next drift. Weird how that works.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

This fall we had a sauger take 2 jig heads. Both poles were my buddies and so was the mess it created.

When I was a kid fishing the trout streams of SW WI I had 15 or so inch male rainbow break me off right at the shore. The next cast it took it again and I pulled both hooks out of his mouth and let him go.

eisert

This summer was the first in 4 years where I haven’t recovered a break off by re-catching fish. Was really hoping to keep the streak alive.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.