What do ya think >

• wing_nutt3

Tell me guys, I am coming home for break the 19th.. whats the outlook for ice fishing the pool 4 backwaters by then your opinions. I am pretty much talking about the wilcox area. I hope to be home and be getting out. Tim

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

It’s looking good right now assuming we don’t get any radically warm weather. It sounds like the Wabasha area has enough treadable ice at least in some spots. I plan on being there all day Sunday. Ice conditions should be plenty safe by the time you get home.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

checked more backwaters today around winona. one spot looked to have a solid 2″ maybe 2.5″‘s. i walked out a little ways, heard no cracking or anything. i tried the rock test (very realiable). couldn’t break through it with any size rock i could lift. i’d say that spot was about ready to go, although i saw no sign of anyone else being out there .

checked another spot that only had about 1″ of ice present. i could break through if i stomped hard enough . definatly not ready yet.

if your going out this weekend i’d still be very catious. the conditions obviouly vary from spot to spot.

hof
    Rochester, MN

I checked out Wilcox today and there is not a lot of ice there yet. About 1 1/2 inches which will slowly sink with my weight (of course I make up 3 Jakes.)
    The Wabasha marina has walkable ice and so does Pontoon sleugh on the dike road.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.