Ice Conditions

• ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

What’s the ice like in your area? I’ll try Chisago this weekend, and give a report shortly there after.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Most of the Chisago are stuff was still pretty open from what I heard today. I know Sat you could have still put a boat in on some lakes.

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

All the area lakes are iced over. Thank God, now the wind won’t be so dreadfull. I have yet to venture out, but from the house it looks pretty solid out about 200 yards. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I’ll head out with a spud bar and test the conditions.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

And to think I talked my way out of a trip to Minneapolis next week. I could’ve been right there falling through the ice next to you (or laughing from shore, not sure which).

As it is, tomorrow will be my last hurrah for bowhunting. Saturday the first season ‘gunners will be out, and a week later I get to grab the shotgun and take care of a little payback. Then I’ll be ready for some fishing again. Looks pretty likely that I’ll be up there a fair amount over the next few months.

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

you know where i’m at, stop in and we can head out. plus i’m buying an 8×8 this weekend. this should give us a little more room. sshh, you’re sister-in-law don’t know yet. i’m gonna just show up with it, think she’ll notice?

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The thing I’ve learned about that is: If you’re going to show up with something like that, decorate it with something small and shiny for her. Otherwise, your butt will be in a sling.

fireline
    Rochester

Anyone know what the ice is like on Lake Of The Woods ?

bassmaster
    SE, MN

I seen two guys out ice fishing today by winona. They said the ice was about 3 inches thick. I love to tell ya where they where but then I might have to fight ya for a spot. But if you drive around you’ll see them clear as day….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.