Ice reports

• davem

Gentlemen:

I’m antsy to go fishing…where or how is the best way to find out the ice situation? What northern MN lakes will be walkable by this weekend? Any good resources for up-to-date and reliable reports? What do we know?

Dave

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

davem,
    Whereabouts are you planning on fishing. I am located in Grand Rapids and if your coming this way I will get you some reports for whatever lakes your thinking about. My guess is by this weekend, most of the small lakes should be walkable, the bowstrings, winnies and so on, may or probably will still be a week out or so.

davem

Sean–thanks for the reply. I’m actually looking at your area–home base would be 20 mi. ne of Grand Rapids, mostly a panfish lake. I’d love some info on other spots to hit (i.e. walleye lakes), or maybe even some professional guidance–will you be available Saturday 11/29?

Dave

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Dave,
    I will be busy the entire weekend, but I do have some time available in December and January. There are some great panfish lakes in the area as you might know, I normally hit the ice early on some panfish lakes, then once we have ice on the big lakes, I hit the walleyes as much as possible. If you can Private email me on this site or either give me a call or email my home address which is [email protected], I’d be happy to give you a few pointers or book a day with you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.