good year for northern pike in wis?

• racedirt
    WIS,OUTAGAMIE/WAUPACA

I HAVE A GOOD FELLING ABOUT THIS WINTER!! APROX 3 YEARS AGO THEY RAISED SIZE LIMIT ON THE ONE LAKE I FISH MOST TO 26″ AT FIRST I WAS KINDA MAD BECAUSE RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD YOU CAN CATCH ALL THE SNAKES YOU WANT. BUT THIS SUMMER I HAD SOME MONSTERS ON ONE WAS APROX 40″ AND CAUGHT AND RELEASED A LOT OF LEGAL FISH, SO I GUESS IT HELPED THE LARGER FISH?? WITH THE PRICE OF BAIT I HOPE IT DID. IM CHEAP!! IVE HAD BETTER LUCK WITH DEAD BAIT PICKING PEOPLES LEFT OVER MINNOWS OFF THE ICE EARLY IN THE MORNING? IN ENGLAND ALL THE MONSTER PIKE ARE CAUGHT ON DEAD BAIT. IVE WATCHED DOWN MY HOLE FOR HOURS AND A NORTHERN WILL BUMP THE MINNOW OVER AND OVER AGAIN WITH ITS NOSE. I OR SIT 4 INCHES AWAY FROM IT HOVERING IN WATER BEFORE HE TAKES IT. I ONCE SAW THE BIGGEST PIKE IVE EVER SEEN LOOKING DOWN MY HOLE IN CLEAR WATER ESTIMATED EYES WERE 5-6″ APART!! BOY I WAS TENSE SHE NEVER HIT THE BAIT!! OH WELL WOULD HAVE BEEN HARD TO TURN HER IN 10″ OF WATER BELOW THE ICE, WOULD SHE HAVE EVEN FIT THRU MY 8″ HOLE WOW!

GEMEYEGUY

Hey Bob, isn’t your username supposed to be bobforFREEDOMfries ?

Pax
    Woodville, WI

I sure hope that you are right Bob. Good luck. We’ll only have to wait a week or two more!

racedirt
    WIS,OUTAGAMIE/WAUPACA

MAYBE BOBFORFREEMINNOWS???????

ScottM
    Baldwin, WI

Pax, You gonna fish that secret lake this year, or do you think it was fished out last year. You know which one I’m talking about right? In another week or so, Pine should be fishable. Did you catch any nice pike this fall out there?

Pax
    Woodville, WI

Way too busy of a fall. Didn’t get out nearly as often as I usually do. I think “secret” lake will still be ok this year for a while but the big-uns will be fewer and farther in between. Hey here is another good ice fishing forum: http://www.iceshanty.com/index.shtml

racedirt
    WIS,OUTAGAMIE/WAUPACA

im thinking of selling my 6800 clam excelent cond! no rips or tears used about 5-6 times, reason selling is im looking for a shanty on wheels more for putting out all winter. i would have to get at least 375.00 for it. or poss trade for a nice shack on wheels of comparable size the clam has a 6’x8′ floor!! 6 holes 6’6” ceiling hieght. also would have to be in good towing condition. these clams are 499.00-555.00 new.
    mark
    kimberly.wi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.