Best place to stay at Mille Lacs this winter

• bigpike

I’m getting a group of my co-workers together for an ice outing on Mille Lacs this winter and would like any information you guys have on resorts. We would be going mid week and would like a shack on the ice, of course walleyes are the main target, Thank you for all info shared!!!!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

check out Hunters Point Resort on the eastside

320-676-3227

web page

bigpike

Thanks Bobber, what would be your “optimal” time to go. When I went a few years ago we stayed at the pines on the west side and they would only take the shacks to the ice heave, I want to be mobile during the day but I would also like to be on good structre for the all night clicker bite…Thanks again!!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

The month of December and early January…….Tell George that I sent you and that you heard about them here at in-depthangling.com!!!!!!!!!!

wing_nutt3

Wow , I though most river ice fishers fish the shallow waters, I love to look down the hole and watch the fish working, is my kind of fishing gonna be a thing of the past? I have never fished eyes through the ice on the river, I’m on pool 4 near wabasha, I would suppose the only eyes I am gonna catch nearby on the ice is pepin?

wing_nutt3

wow , long day … sorry guy’s for the wrong post … Tim

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

On Mille lacs, if you fish in less than 12 feet of water you can watch the fish down the hole. Some guys will cut pretty good size holes to watch down the hole. Interesting to see how the little perch will peck at your minnow.
    Hunters point gets my vote too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.