Ice Line Suggestions

• pgoetsch337
    Mazeppa, Minnesota

Hey Guys,
    I am looking for a light line for panfish that has a low memory so it does not curl up so much. Any suggestions
    Thanks
    Hollywood2

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I really really really like stren 2 pound ice line. I had it on a couple rods and i loved it. I was running low on one of my rods so i bought some 4lb. shakespeer supreme and i will be putting stren two pound on when i get back from cabelas tomorrow. It is very nice and sensitive, it is plenty strong to hold up to those big gills and crappies, and it has very low memory. It never curled up on me.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

P-Line in 2# is an excellent choice as well. There is no memory and it disappears in the water. The only drawback is it is tough to see when you are tying knots. My second favorite is the Stren Gold. It has a little memory, but a very good line and is great for watching your line on the light biters

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

i love stren gold,,,,i am using vanish this year and dont have many good things to say about it for ease of use, but i dont miss many fish with it..i bought some cajun red i will post results this weekend.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I use Vanish but have used P-Line. Both are Flourocarbon and work well. One important thing is make sure you spool it up on your reel a couple days before you plan to use it. It will jump off the spool the same day you spool it up.

It is VERY durable line. I use 6 pound test for walleye and 2 for gills and slabs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.