LX-7

• Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Was using my LX-7 on Friday. Suddenly the background got real dim and was difficult to see. The background light changed from blue to a orange brown. Looked at the battery gauge and it read 11.3. I figured it was too low so I shut it off. Charged the battery and now when I turn it on, the background is still the orange brown. Tried a different brand new battery and the same thing. Ideas on how to get it back to the blue? It is set for blue.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I think i would call Marcum on that one…there isnt even an option for brownish orange..only blue black and grey. Its got a 2 year warranty.

schrumy
    Clearwater MN

Just spoke to a friend of mine today that just had the same thing happen…strange

rip n flutter
    north saskatchewan

never heard of that one,that unit may have to be sent in.all i can tell you is check your battery connections,make sure there snug.and always keep your battery fully charged these units do not like low batteries.

castle-rock-clown

Sometimes I am out on the ice for 2-3 days away from a power supply need for my chargers. My solution has been to take my 12v power pack which has 12v DC power ports that I charge my electronics with a cigarette lighter power cord that hooks up to my fish finders.

rip n flutter
    north saskatchewan

whatever you need to do to keep your battery fully charged when not in use will make sure you unit performs at its best when you get on the ice.again if this don’t help your screen issues call marcum.take it back to where you bought it from maybe get a replacement? warranty? good luck. hope things work out for you. happy new year.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Just did the update. Back to blue as it should be.

Now to get back on the ice to give it a workout!

bite me

I have a problem with my charger on my lx 7. I got the unit new 2 weeks ago and charged it over night until charger went green worked fine .The next two times I tried to charge my battery the charger stay red for days.I just unpluged it and went fishing. It happened to me again yesterday went fishing in morning for a few hours and plugged it in when i got home checked it in 15 hrs and it was still red on charger. What is wrong.

castle-rock-clown

Same thing on my lx9, brand new, won’t go off red and the voltmeter on dashboard states high v. I will be setting up my unit for using a deltran battery tender Jr. Time and experience has taught me never skimp on support equipment.

bite me

I have only had my unit for 2 weeks now only charged it 3 times only worked once. Do you think it is a bad charger?? This is not the only problem I am having with this unit I also have to turn my gain up almost all the way up to pick up small jigs.I am going to try it one more time and if I still have problems I am going to send it back, it is not worth the headach I will just use my spare lx 5 I have no problems with that unit.

bite me

I emailed marcum today about the charger that doesnt turn green when fully charged it always stays red. They emailed me back and said they not sure why the charger light isn’t switching over to green, dont worry about it and go fish is what Mike Mesch said. Im really surprised Marcum never even did anything to help me out my unit is only two weeks old.

shaley
    Milford IA

Mine is on it’s 3rd season and has never turned green….

evobassfish

I think its a known issue with marcum chargers not turning green when the batteries fully charged. As long as you plug it in overnight the day before you go fishing I wouldn’t worry to much about it. Btw mine does the same thing.

shaley
    Milford IA

Both of mine have been plugged in since November,they are always plugged in when not in use during the season…

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

My old lx5 did the same. Plugged into aligator clamp charger from Vexilar and the light turned green on it. Still doesn’t light, but charges to 100% with Marcum charger.

bite me

After a poor experence with Marcum’s customer service over a defective charger that doesn’t turn green when fully charged the other day, I decided to send the unit back to where I bought it, the unit is only less than three weeks old,I am calling for a RGA tomorrow morning. I work very hard for my money and want thing that I by work correctly.This put a really bad taste in my mouth from the way service handled this issue all they would have had to do was send me a new charger and things would of been fine.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

After a poor experence with Marcum’s customer service over a defective charger that doesn’t turn green when fully charged the other day, I decided to send the unit back to where I bought it, the unit is only less than three weeks old,I am calling for a RGA tomorrow morning. I work very hard for my money and want thing that I by work correctly.This put a really bad taste in my mouth from the way service handled this issue all they would have had to do was send me a new charger and things would of been fine.

Im at a loss for the results you got from them. I had the same issue with both my LX-5 charger and my LX-7. They tried to make it right and sent me a new charger for the 7. This is where it gets good, the new one stays green all the time and does not charge. Went back to using the old one because I did Get a charge just no green light until the other day it went to a dim green. I unplugged it turned it on and a full charge also. I don’t know what changed but I’m not questioning it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.